Why are women so obsessed about looking young?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
fossyant said:
It's the fella's that need sorting out...cream's for this and that.... POOFS that's what you are hinting at..

Ladies can do what they want, it's the mass of poofy lads that worry me..... oh 'ere............

Do you not use suncream, fossy? :evil:

buggi

Bird Saviour
the only thing that will help keeping you look younger is SPF 15 or more applied everyday.

i read when i was 18 that 80% of old age wrinkles are caused by everyday exposure to daylight. Since then i've always used a moisturiser with SPF 15 in it.

i'm 37 and people always age me between 28 and 32. and without being big headed they do seem genuinely taken aback when i tell them my age. so i reckon it's working. (just a shame it don't work on your ass LOL :evil:)

Abitrary

simoncc said:
Women spend a fortune on creams and other ineffectual methods of keeping young looking. Why? Should the NHS regard this behaviour as a mental illness?

To some you may look like a misanthropist simon, but I think that the problem is that you've never truly loved a woman.

My philosophy is that to really love a woman, to understand her, you've got to know her deep inside. To hear every thought and see every dream - to give her wings when she wants to fly. And, Simon, when you find yourself lying helpless in her arms, then you really know you love a woman.

So tell me simon, have you ever really, really *really* ever loved a woman?

Bigtallfatbloke

I think there is a difference between trying to look young and just being in good shape for your age. I noticed that people prefer fit peeps to fat peeps, so I decided to swap. Now people don't believe me when I tell them my real age (59) as they all believe I am not a day over 20....oh yeah by the way, the older I get the more full of shoot I get to.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
buggi said:
the only thing that will help keeping you look younger is SPF 15 or more applied everyday.
Not quite true - how about not smoking!

I stood in a queue at my local Spar once and amused myself playing a little game called 'spot the smoker'. Not taking the easy route of looking for nicotine-stained fingers or listening for coughing, I went purely on what peoples' faces looked like. I correctly forecast that the woman with ashen skin and broken blood vessels would buy 40 cigarettes. The unhealthy-looking guy behind her would buy 20, and he did. The next few of (legal) cigarette-buying age looked fairly healthy and, as I predicted, they didn't buy any. The person directly in front of me looked about 50, but I reckon he was really only about 40 and just wasn't looking after himself so I put him down for 10 cigarettes - correct again.

The same is true for drinking. Two people I know, both men, don't drink. One is 38 but looks 10 years younger, the other is 56 and looks in his mid 40s. The 38 year old is, however, a total caffeine addict and looks like crap before he's had a shot of espresso ;)

Mr Phoebus

buggi said:

i read when i was 18 that 80% of old age wrinkles are caused by everyday exposure to daylight. Since then i've always used a moisturiser with SPF 15 in it.

i'm 37 and people always age me between 28 and 32. and without being big headed they do seem genuinely taken aback when i tell them my age. so i reckon it's working. (just a shame it don't work on your ass LOL :surrender:)

Try 'suckling' ferret milk. It works wonders on stubborn asses.

:surrender:

buggi

Bird Saviour
ColinJ said:
Not quite true - how about not smoking!

Kirstie said:
The same is true for drinking.

True, i stand corrected, but i was talking from a putting something on your skin point of view.

Mr Phoebus said:
Try 'suckling' ferret milk. It works wonders on stubborn asses.

they're boys! and i'm not sure i would like the taste of their "milk" :eek:

Top Bottom