why do so many 'cyclists' use 'inverted commas' so often?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

Language, both written and spoken has never been static; it has always evolved over time. Just have a look at any written document from the middle ages, or even the 19th century to see how writing and language is very different to now. Perhaps we should all be speaking and writing as Shakespeare?

Rigid Raider said:
God knows what is going to happen when the last generation of people ...

...years: "Dude cn u send sum £'s pls ur 'late' & we wont 2 snd yr new order but wont b4 u pay LOL! ;-) "

:bravo:

OP
OP
MessenJah

MessenJah

Rider
wafflycat said:
Language, both written and spoken has never been static; it has always evolved over time. Just have a look at any written document from the middle ages, or even the 19th century to see how writing and language is very different to now. Perhaps we should all be speaking and writing as Shakespeare?
I know. I've even said almost exactly what you just said, to people who pick at other people's use of language.

This isn't about language though; it's about punctuation.

OP
OP
MessenJah

MessenJah

Rider
Regardless, 'superfluous' and 'pointless' 'inverted commas' are quite 'annoying'.

'Language' may 'change' over 'time' but certain things are just not 'needed'.

yello

'whatever'

Speicher

Vice Admiral
What is the difference between a forward slash and a backward slash.
B) Steady now, we are talking about punctuation. :smile::blush:

I thought this / was a backward slash as you start at the top and go backwards, and this is a forward slash.

levad

Veteran
This, /, is a forward slash because it leans forwards. This, , is a backslash because it leans backwards.

Top Bottom