Why don't you post on Society, Culture & Politics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jhawk

Veteran
Many of the things that I like to discuss and debate are already on there, but if something comes up that I think I can contribute positively to, or share a different opinion, then I'll chime in. Other than that, I don't let other's people's opinions on things ruin my day, or get into shouting matches or heated arguments over the internet. I'd much rather just say, "To each their own" and leave it at that. Oh, and I always attempt to remain objective, but as with everything, am seldom successful.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Very occasionally I will post something if I have some relevant experience that I can enlighten people with.
Aye, that would be the logical thing do do, if the usual suspects wouldn't promptly declare your experience as irrelevant, an anecdote (have you got statistics for that? :whistle:) or even an abomination of thought.
Sometimes I start to read what seems an interesting op, it soon becomes a slander match, I give up, takes too long to sift the informative bits from the bickering.
Must say, the "society" bit of the board is alien to me, can't relate at all, what's the point of posting my opinions, would only be accused of trolling.

ayceejay

Guru
I have no interest at all in cycling across the antarctic with only bananas as fuel so I seldom visit the section dedicated to those that are interested on CC. They may be weird but if I have a look and than go to what I am interested in CAAOOb's don't bother me at all.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I posted a message or two today to have a rant about fox hunting, but i'm not clever enough to join in the scoring points off each other debates. So i give it a miss until the next time i want a rant. Having said that i don't post on most forums on CC.

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
I suspect if Shaun removed anyone who's cycling contribution to CycleChat is 10% or less of their posts (low benchmark I know) then most of the problems people have expressed about SC&P would also disapper overnight.
I have considered starting a poll asking regulars how often they get near a bike. However, as there is no requirement that users have any familiarity with cycling whatsoever, the data would have no practical applications.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have considered starting a poll asking regulars how often they get near a bike. However, as there is no requirement that users have any familiarity with cycling whatsoever, the data would have no practical applications.
I sometimes use this, clearly not a bike. Would it still count?
Brox.JPG

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
The "problem" with sc&p and also with its previous incarnation is that it attracts folk who whilst, educated and informed are a little overbearing and lacks casual posters who are quickly scared off along with fresh newcomers...so its become a tribe of its own...heavily protective of one another and even developing its own language, reference points and form.

Its not a fun place to visit.

But then why should it be, it often deals with some tough or tricky subject matter and can be informative, if a little left wing...its not, after all, the cafe

If I had a genuine gripe it would be that sometimes its approach "leaks" onto other sections where it is neither expected or particularly welcome.

Last edited:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Yes. It is a good thing that CC is a broad church & we can come on here for social as well as strictly bicycle related chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom