Why? For £3.80?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I bought a thick M&S winter fleece on Ebay, advertised as new but unworn, a measly £6.99 was my winning bid. It was for collection, 10 miles away, but the seller and I couldn't synch times. The seller then offered to post it to me, hmm, this would weigh a bit and I didn't want it for nothing, so I offered to pay for any postage.

Didn't get a reply, or the fleece for a week, so I sent a gentle reminder asking if it had been posted and what sum I owed for said posting. I got reply saying it had been posted 2nd class so may take a while, no mention of postage fees, those that I was more than happy to pay.

Then, I got a card from the PO saying the parcel could not be delivered until I paid the £3.80 cost.:huh: Ok, fair enough, but why not just accept the cost from me in the first place? Anyway..............I go to the PO depot and pick up the parcel and pay the £3.80.

The seller had used 6 x £1 stamps, previously used stamps, stamps removed carefully with scissors from used envelopes, and then sellotaped over, onto the parcel. Why, why, why, would anybody do this? :laugh:

Oh, the pocket interiors were "bobbled" too, it was well worn..............

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
you got to love some e bay sellers

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
A few years ago I bought a Pringle jumper from ebay. Free postage and a 99p starting bid. It was my size, described as brand new condition and a bargain.
Consequently I won the item for the starting bid of 99p.
Well, it arrived in about three days. It had a hole in the front the size of a 10p piece, it was a child's size and had a piece of paper stitched in the collar section saying 'M' (my size).
I contacted the seller telling them about the obvious defects in the garment.
The woman messaged me back saying "what do you want for a pound"?
I laughed all day that day....
P S....there was a picture with the ad, but these thing we're not obvious!

paul04

Über Member
I remember buying a men's (size medium) superdry jacket, winning bid £26.37, arrived a few days later, its was never a medium size, more like small for a young teenager.
emailed the seller, but to be honest they was not interested.

So my son told to put it back on ebay and put "small size for a teenager".(I measured the coat so people would know the size)
A week later and I sold it for £37.26, so was happy about that :smile:

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
I was selling some small canvas pictures a few months ago, put them on for a silly price plus postage just to get rid. The person who won them then demanded to come and pick them up as i was local. I explained that picking up wasn't possible at the time (working very silly 15 hours shifts) lots of emails went back and forth and eventually asked if she wanted to agree to mutually cancel as she'd never paid for them.

Long story short we agreed to cancel however she left me a whole load of nasty untrue feedback. I appealed to Ebay to have it removed and emailed the person asking if they could retract it, neither was done. Haven't sold since.

Good job is i've been donating to charity more instead! :thumbsup:

cd365

Guru
I was selling some small canvas pictures a few months ago, put them on for a silly price plus postage just to get rid. The person who won them then demanded to come and pick them up as i was local. I explained that picking up wasn't possible at the time (working very silly 15 hours shifts) lots of emails went back and forth and eventually asked if she wanted to agree to mutually cancel as she'd never paid for them.

Long story short we agreed to cancel however she left me a whole load of nasty untrue feedback. I appealed to Ebay to have it removed and emailed the person asking if they could retract it, neither was done. Haven't sold since.

Good job is i've been donating to charity more instead! :thumbsup:
This is what annoys me about eBay, someone can write bad feedback and they are not interested

Top Bottom