Why no aero bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I thought I'd post this nob question in here as I'm guessing the TDF counts as 'pro' cycing^_^

Why are the riders not using aero bars this year? I see them used a lot in clips from previous years...why not now? Is it a weight thing, or a rule change???
Ta.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
There hasn't been a TT

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
They are not allowed to use them in a normal stage. The pointy ones are like spears in a crash. You would see some very unpleasant injuries in a road race if they were allowed to use tt bars.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The good old days of spinanci bars ...................
022.jpg

Anyone know of somethign similar for oversize bars ?

Aero bars definitely a bad thing in a bunch ride, after all there is generally less control of the bike on technical twists and turn, it would be chaos. I am constantly surprised at seeing triathletes riding with them in groups, madness.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The oversize section is only where it is clamped to the stem, an inch or so either side and the diameter returns to standard which it has to for the brake levers. Overall bar width is exactly the same.
i just about managed to get some on my old virtuoso , might have a word with planet x as they do sell them , purely for solo rides mind .

Top Bottom