Winchester to London (Again) 25th August 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
Well, the weather forecast seems to have improved. Heavy showers, warm, tailwind for the return leg. Warm and wet is never a good combination when choosing which jacket to take......

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I asked this a while back and it's because everyone is scared of the Dorking road.

But youre doing the suicidal stretch of the A4?? :wacko:

rb58

Enigma
OUT & BACK
Ross
Martin T
Martin F
Charlie
Mark

BACK ONLY
Stuart
Eddie
Dand_uk (Dan?)
Chanelle
Dan
Pete (To Alsford)
Davy (from Gomshall)

redjedi

Über Member
I was thinking about that as I dont mind, infact, ill be relishing getting up the zig zag on the fixie, but, if we head that way, we could stop off Brentford/Isleworth area, for beersies..? See how we feel tomorrow. My only time contraint is getting back to the dog for about half 6...

If you do, give me a call and I'll come and join you. I may even drag that two wheeled thingy out of the shed.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
If you do, give me a call and I'll come and join you. I may even drag that two wheeled thingy out of the shed.

Excellant... you could guide us to a pub in Brentford where we wont return to our bikes and see it mounted on bricks with the wheels missing... ;)

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Same as you then?

Only on a Saturday...

dand_uk

Dumb question - should I bring a lock? Also how would we be stopping every hour or so to stock up on water? I only have one water bottle!

rb58

Enigma
Dumb question - should I bring a lock? Also how would we be stopping every hour or so to stock up on water? I only have one water bottle!
There'll be opportunities to fill up on water bottles - shops, cafes etc. although to be fair the route is quite 'rural' so it won't be that often.

Top Bottom