windows 10 stopped working with printer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Re-install the printer and see what happens.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I got the same kind of message on Windows 7. It turned out to be complaining that it was expecting the cable to be plugged in to USB socket #3 not socket #2! I moved the cable to the other socket and the printer burst into life ... :whistle:

U

User6179

Seems everytime you get an update it changes all the settings , think you might need to untick let windows 10 control printers and set the printer you want as default printer

U

User6179

Windows ten is pants, the worst operating system since vista. Try doing a system restore / refresh to see if that solves it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Did that yesterday , reset pc , 12 hours later the computer was still updating , running bad today but usable , didnt fix any problems but created a few more , now it takes 4 or 5 reboots to start instead of 2 or 3 , cant access pictures , disk error, dcom error, system integrity audit failure , usb drivers not loading to name but a few , I also now cant go back to previous operating system.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Did that yesterday , reset pc , 12 hours later the computer was still updating , running bad today but usable , didnt fix any problems but created a few more , now it takes 4 or 5 reboots to start instead of 2 or 3 , cant access pictures , disk error, dcom error, system integrity audit failure , usb drivers not loading to name but a few , I also now cant go back to previous operating system.
Get rid of ten and install seven, problems solved.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Windows-7...075241?hash=item25c83aa029:g:I0sAAOSwHMJYIR0G

Last edited:
U

User6179

classic33

Leg End Member
That is what I started with , never wanted W10 , it just started down loading one day and i thought give it a try , wish I just hit cancel , reckon I have spent about 100 hours over last year trying to fix the bloody thing , got another computer in the loft but I am no sure with windows 98 is still supported .
No.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
windows 98 is no good with todays internet, get a copy of win 7 , you might have difficulty getting your pc to boot from dvd as windows ten will override any attempts to install another operating system but it can be done. You will need to access the bios settings to change the boot settings, follow this guide http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/access-bios-windows-10 and change the boot settings to "allow legacy boot" instead of or as well as UEFI

classic33

Leg End Member
That is what I started with , never wanted W10 , it just started down loading one day and i thought give it a try , wish I just hit cancel , reckon I have spent about 100 hours over last year trying to fix the bloody thing , got another computer in the loft but I am no sure with windows 98 is still supported .
Is that 98 or 98se?

The first I'd not touch.

Top Bottom