Winter Frame Options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have an aluminium Genesis frame but I think its a lot older than this, as it has a 1" fork on it. I bought it for the a winter bike as well. Not ridden it yet, but I am sure it is better than those generic Ribble frames. I built a bike up on one of them last year. Did 15 miles and took it apart and sold the frame it was awful. The frame was dead, no life in it at all.

RebornBumbler

Not sure (without riding one) I'd want an aluminium frame and fork - it might be fine, but could easily be a bit harsh.
My old Ridgeback is a bit 'over-rigid', and that's with a Cro-Moly fork.

I'd pay the extra £60 and go with the CF fork if I was going to buy it.
Note you don't get a headset either.

I like the look of the Dolan, but personally I'd pick their cyclocross frame (I like V-Brakes...)

OP
OP
Hacienda71

Hacienda71

The Dolan is another possible and is cheaper. If i went for the Genesis it would be with cf fork, it also needs long drop callipers which would be another expense so I need to be sure it is worth the extra spend.

vickster

Legendary Member
Mentions the forks in the description, says headset not included

OP
OP
Hacienda71

Hacienda71

I suspect from that the £99.99 deal is just the frame. The forks on their own new are going to be £60 ish so plus seatpost clamp and headset as well £199.99 ain't bad.

The Genesis for the same spec is going to be about £300 when you add in the carbon forks and long drop callipers.

Not sure the extra £100 is worth it. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom