Winter Woes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
When I got back on the bike a few years ago, I too almost stopped cycling during the winter months. I felt I was missing out so the following year I bought some winter gear and went out and I'm glad I did. Yes it was difficult and I didn't always get the clothing right (and still don't) but the sense of satisfaction from doing it makes it all worth while. Go for it! :smile:

howard2107

I haven't bought anything special for my winter ventures, i chuck on the golf wet weather stuff (its only shower proof not expensive waterproof) and away i go. As someone else has said it is more dry than wet on average anyway. I use the winter just to keep me going, a little often half hour here and there. The golf wet weather gear wont go near a golf course for a few months anyway, most courses have too many restrictions or are like the Somme in winter so its a waste of time.

Unless you live in a caravan which you can move, you can't change the general direction of your home coming route....or are you able to change the wind on request?? If so, then :notworthy:

Unless you are commuting and you have to ride to a certain place and back or as puffinbilly said you live on the coast then it's not rocket science.

Ihatehills

I'm also struggling to keep cycling in the weather, in the rain I'm really struggling to see, I wear glasses and need windscreen wipers :smile: but even if I remove them the rain beats into my eyes and I still cant see. Also I'm finding the fact that I'm considerably slower in the dark demotivating, at the minute my sole reason for going out is to maintain any fitness that I have gained as I'm really not finding it enjoyable in the wind rain and dark and as a result my weekly mileage has dropped from 80 - 100 to 40 at best. Whinge over, MTFU I guess

Respect to the guys on turbo trainers. But no, not for me. NEVER!

The commute, the shopping trips, the general getting-about. And watching the weather forecast for something a little brighter than dreich winter.

And taking a train out against the wind, for a lazy "sail" back home ^_^

Top Bottom