Wish me fettling luck...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Baggy

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Lardyboy said:
Step away from the bike Baggy. Give yourself 10 minutes. Do something else, then come back to it. It wont make any difference but at least the bike will stay in one piece for 10 minutes more than it would've done. :wacko::evil:
:smile: You know it's time to give up when you start wondering just how much noise a big pipe wrench makes against steel tubing.

I've decided to turn it into a brakeless fixed. It's the only way.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Ha I should have had all the agro for you ... I changed my chain - 2nd time I've done it, and made the same mistake and took out the wrong link this afternoon. I also managed to break the chain splitter tool as well. Then put it back on the bike almost right... just the wrong side of one little bit. Luckily spotted it before riding it - it helped it was making a horrible rattlely noise:biggrin:

Hows it going now?

OP
OP
Baggy

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
summerdays said:
Ha I should have had all the agro for you ... I changed my chain - 2nd time I've done it, and made the same mistake and took out the wrong link this afternoon. I also managed to break the chain splitter tool as well.
Hows it going now?
That's Chuffy's speciality with chains :smile:. At least you got it all sorted inthe end though :evil:.
I've given up now, it's ok for tomorrow's commute but may need to go to the LBS, this is about the third time in 4 months I've failed to adjust the gears without success and I'm not usually *that* bad with mechanics.

Crackle said:
Oh, I misread it the first time. Fixed; I don't do fixed, single speed maybe.
Don't think I could do fixed either. Maybe I'll just remove the transmission completely and scoot - less to go wrong :wacko:.

Baggy said:
Don't think I could do fixed either. Maybe I'll just remove the transmission completely and scoot - less to go wrong ;).
I wonder if they make kiddy seats in Baggy sizes? :evil::biggrin:

Check that, I'd need one of those bikes that you see a tiny Chinese man using to transport a 3 piece suite, his in-laws and some livestock. At the same time. :biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I take it you are sleeping in the garden tonight?:evil::biggrin::biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
If he was a gentleman he would have fixed it for you.... bit like Mr Summerdays sorting out my chain "Do I have to do it for you?" - "No just fix the resulting mess":biggrin:

Did you give in to temptation ... ?

summerdays said:
If he was a gentleman he would have fixed it for you.... bit like Mr Summerdays sorting out my chain "Do I have to do it for you?" - "No just fix the resulting mess":biggrin:

Did you give in to temptation ... ?
Baggy is a modern wumman and can fettle her own bikes without manly interference. :biggrin:

Besides, I'm rubbish at gears too...:biggrin:

Top Bottom