Wish us luck....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
We're going to a couple of dog rescue centres tomorrow, along with the
grand parents :biggrin:

All we want is something to fill the hole and have a fantastic life with us.;)

We felt the need to travel further because it's all sh*t here at the moment.

Hopefully we are going to find something suitable and something we can love for years.

I'm fingers crossed.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Good luck snapper - it's a toughie, all them doggies will be looking up at you with expectant eyes - if you do come away with one you've done a really good thing.

Noodley

Snapper if you are after a particular breed of dog, have you tried contacting the breed society as there will most likely be a 'rescue' contact.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Noodley said:
Snapper if you are after a particular breed of dog, have you tried contacting the breed society as there will most likely be a 'rescue' contact.

We aren't after a particular breed Noods. We just want something in our lives, we don't care.

Calm, not aggressive and loves a run up Snowdon :biggrin:

Ted-and-Oilseed.jpg

Good luck, have an interesting, and productive time!

from Us !

xx ;)

Plax

Guru
Good luck, let us know how you get on.
I kind of envy you, I've always fancied my own dog but never got round to getting one as I'm a bit finiky about drool, ticks and hairs getting everywhere (plus I work all day so wouldn't want one left at home all day). I just borrow my dads dog instead (where I come home covered in hairs, drool and dog snot anyway........).

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Cathryn said:
What did you get??? Photos needed....

Hmmmmm we are actually very pissed off with the dog's trust centre.

They DON'T let you know on the kennel that a dog is reserved or going to a new home. So, we picked 5 dogs out, my mother picked another (for us). All were taken.

They tried to palm us off with a dog that had been brought in TODAY as a handover, and wanted us to reserve him. :becool:

So, we went to the other kennels at a farm, F*cking hell! There was a type of motorbike meeting going on - in kennels????

So, all these biker peeps are looking round the kennels just to waste some time. A lot of dogs were going wild. I've never been scared of dogs, but I was today - trying to look whilst some dogs were jumping nearly 6ft.

So *sigh* we found a cross lab/lurcher, very gentle, good on the lead and really affectionate but guess what...... RESERVED!!!!!! Still, we took him out for a walk, he was stuck in a kennel with 2 other dogs and scared of the bikes. We took him down a lane and could have easily have nicked him but ..... how can you?

The people who have reserved were bringing their dog back to see how they integrated. Which is lovely, but again, we feel like shoot. We have left our number and I have emailed just in case it all goes tits up.

Patience is a virtue I know .... Thanks for the interest, will it ever bloody end for us? :tongue:

Top Bottom