Wish us luck....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It will end: Right now, there's a dog with your name on, waiting for you to find him. You owe it to him to keep looking. Don't get disheartened Snapper.

Mr Pig

It's a pity you live so far away. We have a friend who runs an animal sanctuary and she's always got loads of dogs, usually between fourteen and twenty but sometimes more. She cares more about the dogs than people so she'll only let dogs go if she's sure it's to a good home and the owners are right for the dog.

She runs the place on her own and I think she's a lot more picky than larger rescue centers. She doesn't care if they don't find a new home as they have a good life with her. They get to run around a big yard all day and get walks in the country. Of all the kinds of animal she has it's the dogs she loves the most.

Sorry you're having a horrid time. I hate going to places like rescue centers because you feel sorry for all the dogs and want to help them, and you can't. Hope you find a new friend soon :0)

snapper_37 said:
The people who have reserved were bringing their dog back to see how they integrated. Which is lovely, but again, we feel like shoot. We have left our number and I have emailed just in case it all goes tits up.

Oh babe that's crap....I'm sorry today didn't go well.

Am crossing everything in the hope it goes tits up...:tongue:

*hug* xxxxx

puddleglum

Honestly, keep at it, keep visiting the centres, maybe today wasn't the right day for finding the right dog. When it is, you'll know and everything will fall into place.

Oh no, sounds like a bit of a nightmare day! :tongue:

Have you tried ringing round the local vets? Ours quite often have notices up from people who have to rehome their animal for one reason or another... or even the local paper? You might get a bit more of a background than in a dog from a rescue home that way as well...

yenrod said:
Christ dammit - you's get over things fast !

:laugh:

Of course, could just be that the only way to even start trying to get over her loss is by finding another dog who needs the love that Snapper and her OH have to offer.

I don't think she'll object to me saying this, but Snapper is a long way from "over" losing Petrix.

She's just doing what she needs to do, Yenrod..

Arch

Married to Night Train
I think it's a perfectly good idea to get another quickly - and it it no way means you're 'over it'. Probably the only reason it's not a good idea with any human companion you might lose is that the new one will tend to understand the situation and possibly not cope well/get hung up on it (not happened to me, but it could). You never 'get over' a bereavement like that of a human or a much loved pet like a cat or dog. You eventually come to terms with it, and at the time, maybe, you just have to 'get on' with it.

Keep looking Snapper, the right dog is out there, and you'll find them, it's just a question of letting fate do the introduction.

There was an interesting thing on the radio a few weeks back, about how people aren't allowed to adopt a child to 'replace' one who dies (although it isn't like that, really, and the potential adopter may be a fantastic parent), until quite a long time after - a couple of years. Of course, there's nothing to stop someone who can, just getting pregnant whenever they like. But I digress...

Top Bottom