Womans Olympic Road race - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well done Cooke.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
_41486446_cook300.jpg

yello

A superb ride in absolutely atrocious conditions! She rode like a true champion, made sure she was in the group of 5, worked hard enough in the groupetta to ensure they stayed away but not so hard to knacker herself (cf the girl in red & white??, who made the pace and then cracked), and then nailed them all on that final climb. The Italian girl gave it all she'd got but it weren't enough, Nicole had timed it all to perfection. Well done girl!!!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Cathryn said:
What happened on the corner?

We wondered if it was the adrenaline of suddenly losing the others on that corner that propelled her to victory!
She seemed to be hanging back on all the descents, maybe she didn't trust the others in the wet. I think she had a go at the Danish rider at one stage.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
welsh gold :evil::smile:xx(:smile::ohmy::smile::biggrin::smile::smile::smile:

TVC

Fantastic result, and a big cheer for Emma Pooley, although her attack didn't work it ensured that nobody else broke away on the climb so leaving Nicole the strongest finisher up front.

peanut

fantastic result and I managed to get it on DVD yippee.
Well done Nicole you're brilliant ! ....my heroine

reckon she has won it all now hasn't she ?

Well done Emma . I reckon she may have been under instruction to support Nicole for overall because her spell of the front was not as strong as I'm sure it couldd hve been.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Emma Pooley also did a good job and was keeping up the pressure on the front when needed.

Actually it was a good day for the British Riders, the British Bikes (Boardman) and last but not least for the new Shimano electronic gearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom