Women's Tour - "SPOILERS"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Vos continues to lurk ominously and Armistead loses vital bonus seconds... I can't see Vos not winning this unless Armistead can go on the attack.

dragon72

Guru
I'm happy to see Estado de México take the win today, given that it's where I live!
Road cycling is popular in the area I live in (I live and work half way up a road that climbs from 2,200m to 3,000m altitude over 15km - so it's a regular for local club riders). But the sport could use some publicity in the country as a whole. I'm sure there's untapped talent here - especially given that most of us live at altitude.

My wife asked why there wasn't fit blokes in tight shorts and tops kissing the winners for the photos. Any objections or volunteers possibly?

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i lvoedseeing the breakaway go the distance! always good to watch especially when you can see them giving it their all with 5 k to go and the peleton slowly gaining ground but not quite managing to catch them

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
It's a pity it's only 4 days of racing - but it does make the winner difficult to forecast !

Narrow roads, those ... :unsure:

Really peeved we can't make it to any of the stages as we know several of the riders, indeed dr_pink has competed against Ciara Horne [won one of the QOM yesterday] on more than one occasion and we used to be in the same club as Lucy Garner, would have been good to cheer them on.
A great pity the stages are not longer as there is always more chance of a breakaway forming. After listening to Lizzie yesterday one could be forgiven for thinking her team could well be cutting of their nose to spite their face.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
My wife asked why there wasn't fit blokes in tight shorts and tops kissing the winners for the photos. Any objections or volunteers possibly?

I'll volunteer, though not many would call me fit

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Didn't get a chance to see any of today's stage live due to work, but I did go in via the start area to have a look at the set-up and spotted somebody in a Cyclechat top.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Didn't get a chance to see any of today's stage live due to work, but I did go in via the start area to have a look at the set-up and spotted somebody in a Cyclechat top.
That was me :>)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
volunteers possibly?

Gladly! Sounds like it would be a laugh. Can't imagine they'd want me though.

Anyway, I've been enjoying the fantastic racing very much - Vos vs Johansson vs Armitstead has been a great battle, Rossella Ratto is an exciting talent, and fantastic to see Hannah Barnes and Sharon Laws doing so well. Great advert for the sport and much more exciting racing than some men's races I've seen recently.

Admiring the pert bottoms has been merely a bonus.

Top Bottom