Words that annoy ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I think the word that has most consistently got up my nose over a considerable period of time is "feisty". What people tend to mean by it is "stroppy" which is much more effective.

There must be more ...

Maz

Guru
Leverage, when used in project management speak.
AGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I find "lifestyle" annoys me much more than it should. I think it comes from those freeby magazines that you see lying around in supermarkets and the like, you know the "with today's busy lifestyle, it can be hard to <insert whatever the article is about>" kind of thing.

I tend to flick through that kind of thing if I'm waiting for someone or something in the shop, hit the first article that includes the word "lifestyle" and then put it down.

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Lazy-Commuter said:
I find "lifestyle" annoys me much more than it should. I think it comes from those freeby magazines that you see lying around in supermarkets and the like, you know the "with today's busy lifestyle, it can be hard to <insert whatever the article is about>" kind of thing.

I tend to flick through that kind of thing if I'm waiting for someone or something in the shop, hit the first article that includes the word "lifestyle" and then put it down.

And of course with "lifestyle" comes the blatant over-use of "options".

And in business it is "solutions".

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
anything on a bullshit bingo card…

Greedo

fusion........

Fusion food
Fusion businesses
Fusion this...
Fusion that.....

And people who name businesses with this word in them should be shot IMHO

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I use all those. ;) (Apart from 'upskilling', which is an abomination.)

This one made me literally shudder the other day: "What brings you to Curry's today?"

so many words and phrases irritate me these days. but feedback, rostered day off, played (was used as a shortened version of well played, now used to mean you've done something good, achieved something, or most irritating that you have gotten away with something) and sticking literally in all over the place. ;)

U

User482

zeitgeist
chutzpah

Only ever used by pretentious journalists...

Top Bottom