Writing instructions on the bike. Is it just me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't write text on my bikes, but I do sometimes mark handlebar or seat post positions before altering them in case I want to go back to the originals.

Talking about written instructions on things ... I recently bought a new toilet seat. When I was fitting it I saw that the 2 mounting pieces that I had to bolt to the toilet were labelled L and R so I bolted the L to the left side and R to the right side. The right side which turned out to be the wrong side! :wacko:

If you think about it, the natural place to be when bolting on a toilet seat is in front of the toilet. This product was labelled as if I were kneeling where the cistern was!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This way up?

Ah, I knew I'd gone wrong !! :laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Could put one of these on the seat post....

images1.jpeg
images2.jpeg

Mile195

Veteran
I think it's just you...

However I do leave myself "visual cues" when I want to remember to do something. For example, if I think I should clean my chain when I get home from work, I leave the chain cleaner in the middle of the garage floor so I won't forget about it until the next day when I'm about to go to work again. Sadly this doesn't always work. I started hanging punctured inner tubes that need fixing over my work stand so I'd remember to do them. Unfortunately they've now been there for so long I've stopped noticing them!

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
I think it's just you...

However I do leave myself "visual cues" when I want to remember to do something. For example, if I think I should clean my chain when I get home from work, I leave the chain cleaner in the middle of the garage floor so I won't forget about it until the next day when I'm about to go to work again. Sadly this doesn't always work. I started hanging punctured inner tubes that need fixing over my work stand so I'd remember to do them. Unfortunately they've now been there for so long I've stopped noticing them!
You have a clear space in your garage that you can put things on? Are you one of those tidy people?

tyred

Legendary Member
I
I have Raleigh on an old MTB frame to remind me to discover stuff, smoke and put cloaks over puddles.

:smile:

I was riding along on my customised pink Raleigh Chopper and saw a pretty girl waiting to cross the road but there was a puddle of water so I stopped and removed my anorak and placed it in the puddle and invited me to cross. She looked at me as if I was mad. Can't work out why?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I was riding along on my customised pink Raleigh Chopper and saw a pretty girl waiting to cross the road but there was a puddle of water so I stopped and removed my anorak and placed it in the puddle and invited me to cross. She looked at me as if I was mad. Can't work out why?
Maybe because your pink chopper was a bit of a shock to her? :smile:

Top Bottom