YACF not working?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Down for me too Helen.

I'm so distraught that I've just booked the afternoon off work.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've just posted in the Conficker virus one that I can't get onto loads of different sites including cyclogs zonealarm etc... Luckily this one is still working for me otherwise I would be so sad.

Just tried to do the quiz and found out I can't get on the BBC website this is becoming frustrating that I can't muck around or look up information.

TimO

Guru
There seemed to be some issues with YACF responding very slowly earlier, and I posted about it in the Office Reception. This may either be a continuation of that, or possibly Dez is doing something on the forum, and has had problems.

This isn't a Windows specific issue, I'm using a Linux box here.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Other cycling forums???:tongue:

Splitter!
08-popular-front.jpg

:biggrin:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
nothing to do with me.............

TimO

Guru
I'm busy trying to remember where April's WARTY is starting, and what time the YACF Birthday Party is (assuming it gets that far!)

It's unusual for it to be down for so long. Possibly someone has done the software equivalent of tripping over the mains plug! The other things I can think of, is that it's all being recovered from a backup.:biggrin:

FREEOLA

ADSL Connection Issues: We are currently experiencing problems with the Kingston POP which is causing some broadband connection issues routing through London and the surrounding areas.

This issue is currently under investigation by our engineers and we hope to have this resolved as quickly as possible.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may be causing. Latest update is that the problem has been temporarily resolved, but should be considered as at risk of further outages until the fault is completely resolved.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sawbridgeworth.
Me & Katie will be getting the 8.58 train from Liverpool Street.
Meeting 8.30 London Bridge Needle if you want to join us there first Tim

TimO said:
I'm busy trying to remember where April's WARTY is starting, and what time the YACF Birthday Party is (assuming it gets that far!)

It's unusual for it to be down for so long. Possibly someone has done the software equivalent of tripping over the mains plug! The other things I can think of, is that it's all being recovered from a backup.:angry:

TimO

Guru
John Ponting said:
ADSL Connection Issues: We are currently experiencing problems with the Kingston POP which is causing some broadband connection issues routing through London and the surrounding areas.

But, the server isn't on a POP or using ADSL, it's one of Freeola's own, so unless their entire data centre has gone down, this shouldn't be the issue. The fact that the server is returning an error message shows that it is probably up and running.

Of course, it's possible that Dez got as far as taking the forum down, was then disconnected because of the POP issues, and hasn't been able to get back on and restart things.

TimO said:
But, the server isn't on a POP or using ADSL, it's one of Freeola's own, so unless their entire data centre has gone down, this shouldn't be the issue. The fact that the server is returning an error message shows that it is probably up and running.

Of course, it's possible that Dez got as far as taking the forum down, was then disconnected because of the POP issues, and hasn't been able to get back on and restart things.

I'm sure you are right.

Sun is out, work is finished, bike is ready - I'm of out for a ride.

Top Bottom