YACF not working?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toekneep

Bottoms, I've been out fettling all morning. I have just come in for lunch and thought I would catch up on things and its borked. Did we ever have a contingency plan for such a thing or is Cyclechat it?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
toekneep said:
Bottoms, I've been out fettling all morning. I have just come in for lunch and thought I would catch up on things and its borked. Did we ever have a contingency plan for such a thing or is Cyclechat it?

there are a fair few dual-passporters on here (including rogerzilla), so it's probably as good a place as any to assemble, especially as we don't object to discussion of other forums.

toekneep

alecstilleyedye said:
there are a fair few dual-passporters on here (including rogerzilla), so it's probably as good a place as any to assemble, especially as we don't object to discussion of other forums.

How jolly civilized, I never did see different cycle forums as in competition with each other. Each to their own and variety being the spice of life etc.

andygates

My guess - I see almost exactly one year to run on a two-year domain registration. Betcha the hosting package was for one year and hasn't renewed properly...

TimO

Guru
andygates said:
My guess - I see almost exactly one year to run on a two-year domain registration. Betcha the hosting package was for one year and hasn't renewed properly...

Yes, that sounds very plausible, Roger did have things up and working a day or two before it was launched more fully, so someone has fluffed something. I thought he got the hosting package free, as part of his ADSL deal, and the domain is clearly fine since it's pointing at the Freola server.

Ho hum, I guess whoever needs to deal with things is probably at work, and quite possibly doesn't even know that things have gone castors up, or is busy fighting with someone at Freola to do something.

Basil

Oh good, it's not just me then. I thought that perhaps I'd finally been nicked at work.
S'pose I'd better do some then. (work)
What is it I do here? :biggrin:

Eh?

I've even had to resort to doing some work.

What are they trying to do to me?

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:

I have a vision of us regulars all looking out of our windows and seeing people gathering in carparks, on lawns, in streets around us, like a fire drill....

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I've also replied in the other thread.

We're unmetered and there is no bandwidth cap. However, some automatic takedown has been triggered by what the ISP believe to be excessive Google bot activity. They have done something to robots.txt to try and block this and expect the site to be back up later this evening.

Anything to do with the anniversary is purely coincidental, and 8 days out anyway.

Top Bottom