England : North Yorkshire York - Humber Bridge - York

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

busdennis

Veteran
York - Humber Bridge - York is an Imperial century ride starting from York Minster, the date was set a few months ago. 8th July. This is the perfect ride for your first century attempt if you haven't ridden 100 miles before. It will be a 9 am start this year to insure we get to the cafe at Barton upon Humber before the kitchen closes.

Proposed route
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/6946113

last year I rode single speed and this year I plan to ride fixed.
Everybody welcome, i would like the group to finish together this year so would ask that riders can maintain an average speed of 15 mph excluding breaks

Buck

Guru
Would have loved to have come along but we're away that weekend for a friends 50th so no chance of escaping!

Slioch

Guru
Count me in again please! And seeing as the theme seems to be to do it in a different style than the previous year, I'll do it on my matt black carbon mean machine instead of my weighty Dawes Galaxy. Mind you, if we get rain like we did last year the bloody thing could melt.
:rain::rain: :rain:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Stick me down as a probable.
I'd like to ride it, but the previous couple of weeks are already spoken for, and I may be running out of browny points.

gbs

Guru
I am keen to do this, having left the E Riding before bridge construction and not having visited since then.

Does anyone have experience of the various train operators London- York?

Does any one know of a cycle friendly hotel in York?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I am keen to do this, having left the E Riding before bridge construction and not having visited since then.

Does anyone have experience of the various train operators London- York?

Does any one know of a cycle friendly hotel in York?

Brother and sister-in-law recently used Hotel Indigo which is on the route in Walmgate.

They were allowed to put the bikes in the secure compound used by the staff for their bikes.

I heard no complaints about the hotel in general, which I might have done from those two, so I reckon the place is pretty good.

https://www.hotelindigo.com/hotels/...2423&sitrackingid=959789201&dp=true&glat=SEAR

gbs

Guru
Sorry to say but I must withdraw from the YHY ride - family event now on the calendar.

I would like to visit the area this summer. Does any one have a reccommendation for a bike friendly hotel in Hull or Beverley please?

Thanks for the heads up @ColinJ. Just logged on briefly after doing some outside jobs and also being out and about. Unfortunately , this ride clashes with my annual ride (over 2 days) down to my son, daughter in law and grandson in Letchworth, Herts over that weekend. It's usually end of July or beginning of August when I ride down there but both my sons are riding with me this year and the weekend of 6th/7th/8th July was the only time that was convenient to all 3 of us. I'm also down there this weekend (Sunday to Tuesday) but it'll be by train as Mrs Littgull is coming too.

Have a good ride all and hope to see you on another forum ride soon.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks for the heads up @ColinJ. Just logged on briefly after doing some outside jobs and also being out and about. Unfortunately , this ride clashes with my annual ride (over 2 days) down to my son, daughter in law and grandson in Letchworth, Herts over that weekend. It's usually end of July or beginning of August when I ride down there but both my sons are riding with me this year and the weekend of 6th/7th/8th July was the only time that was convenient to all 3 of us. I'm also down there this weekend (Sunday to Tuesday) but it'll be by train as Mrs Littgull is coming too.

Have a good ride all and hope to see you on another forum ride soon.
Or NOT, as the case may be! :laugh:

(This has probably been explained to me several times, but my sieve-like memory has failed to store it!)

OP
OP
busdennis

busdennis

Veteran
Hi Folks.
ive totally ignored this thread has i don,t log onto cyclechat frequently anymore, i wasn't really expecting to see any new posting since the last time i logged in as the thread was going no where (similar to last year) Anyway the date is no longer good for me too. Best 2 options would be cancel for more popular date or a volunteer to lead the ride, either way i need to ask somebody to coordinate the "cyclechat ride thread" due to my inactivate. good luck

Top Bottom