When is it going to stop... Raining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Stopped raining an hour ago and looks set to brighten up here. I think over the way the clouds are trying hard to open up and let the blue skies through.

Smug git alert!:wahhey:

It has been intermittently bright here all day. Enough so that we have exported 7.9kWh so far, with the battery full and the immersion heater at max temperature.

March was also the 10th consecutive warmest month on record.
Indeed :-/

There are people saying "warmest X months?? We'd like some of that, it's always raining here!"
They're mostly ignoring the huge reduction in hard frosts - this allows the average temp to be very high, despite continuous grey, damp days.

Either way, it's no fun. Can we go back to April 2020?!?

We've had months of the stuff oop North in never sunny again Manchester. Slop everywhere. Sick of it.

When can I have some sunshine and slightly dry trails ? Not even touched the full suspension since about July, and the CX bike has been running road tyres and mudguards.

I’m hoping it dries up a bit for the marathon this coming Sunday. I don’t mind a bit of rain during a run but hate starting in it.

Forecast is looking dri(er) though a little windy ☹️.

bobzmyunkle

Über Member
FB_IMG_1712686001783.jpg

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@fossyant I feel your pain!
My commute is like wading through Loch Lomond :laugh:
Both as a cyclist and as a pedestrian one gets splashed by filthy water every time a car passes by.
But what pains me more with all this rain is that I can't do any gardening, the ground is sodden :cry:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
We've had months of the stuff oop North in never sunny again Manchester. Slop everywhere. Sick of it.

When can I have some sunshine and slightly dry trails ? Not even touched the full suspension since about July, and the CX bike has been running road tyres and mudguards.

We came back from York in the second week of Sept last year and it virtually has not stopped since.

A builder friend has not managed to work 3 consecutive days in a row since early Oct.

Fed up tbh - and don't start me on the hopeless weather forecasts...

Top Bottom