$^&*"(£$'ing Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trumpettom001

<Begin Rant>

Stupid halfy's - I ordered a dropout for my carrera - (used for traveling to college and back - 2 miles each way a day, to be left where the theiving scumba... loveable rogues hang out)... ordered the dropout last decade, (22/12/09), they told me they'd ring me when it came, and didn't hear from them, so gave them a call today to see where it was - they told me they sold it on the 30th dec... even though I paid for it in full when ordering it, and the fact that it was ordered specifically for me..... ARGGGHHHHH!!!!!! HOW DAMN HARD IS A PHONE CALL?!?!?! they lost the sale of a frame to me 'cos they didn't call, even though a frame had been sitting about for a week or two in their workshop with my name on it..... - grumble grumble -

(insert expleteive)

P.s. sorry if this is in the wrong place, i only ever use the commuting section normally
<end rant>

Happiness Stan

A dropout?

OP
OP
Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001

yea - what the guys at work and i call a gear-hanger - the likkle aluminiumy bit that connects the metal chain movey thing to the framey thing so that when you have a crashy crashy, you dont brake the frameyframey.....

Look what halfords has done to the standard of my english by sheer virtue of getting rid of my stuff

OP
OP
Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001

OOOOO Mr aperitif is quick off the mark with the college abuse - well i see your avatar pic, and raise you to a more biscuit shaped and tasty biscuit based avatar (gimmie 5 mins to figure out how to do that)...

OP
OP
Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001

all hail aperitif and his quick homour and wit - that's all i can say...

bet you can't twist that in some way though..

OP
OP
Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001

well that one's obvious....

redjedi

Über Member
lady_rider said:
Try this company...they're a bike shop with their own whatsit machine. They got sick of never having the right one so make all of them...
http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/items.asp?CategoryID=180&Name=Carrera+Dropout/Hangers

I got one of theirs from CRC which arrived the following day. Just compare the shape of your old one to the pics to find the correct model number.

I would never order spare parts from Halfords unless they happen to have one in stock. In fact I've never bought any cycling equipment from Halfords.

Top Bottom