£10 Bike off ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BMR

Hi, Just bought an Apollo Outrage off ebay for £10, Its a couple of years old, the seat was changed when new for one you can actully sit on! it was ridden a couple of times then left in the guys garden shed. I was supprised to find it in excelent condition appart from having near flat tyres (I will clean it, lube it and stick a couple of new tubes in it then I have a second bike). The only problem is that its dark green and I might not find it again if i get off to look at a view whilst on a ride. I know these full suspension bikes were sold by Halfords, has anybody any experience of them. Please bare in mind that I am not an all year round biker and not looking for the latest designer bike and it was only £10, without a mark on it.

Tynan

Veteran
some reviews here

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/cycling/apollo-outrage-2003.asp

can't see how you can have gone wrong at £10

cheapest improvement is always some decent suitable tyres, road ones if you're on tarmac

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
According to my father in law who works in bikehut at halfrauds the Apollo is the budget range and a lot come back in several weeks after being sold for repair :bravo:. For £ 10 though you can't really go wrong as a back up bike

sleuthey

Legendary Member
I had an Apollo 8400 for 3 years and was faultless. If it does go wrong then spending a little money wont hurt seeing as you only spent £10 on it. Well done for getting a bargain.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
my wife's apollo premonition became a usable bike after putting on slicks and changing the forks to non-suspension. replacement brake calipers completed the refit, it's now a perfectly ridable bike.

Top Bottom