£1000 Road bike...any suggestions ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Out of interest has anyone any experience of the 'Orbea' bikes ? I went to a bike shop today & they stocked them, had an interesting 'Aqua' model for £950 with full 105 groupset, carbon forks/post, shimano hubs & even shimano clippy pedals included....looked quite nice actually.

One of my work mates has had an entry level carbon Orbea for a couple of years, I cannot remember the model. He has had bikes for years usually the big names but he really rates this one. He also likes that there are few of them around compared to the mainstream brands. I have to agree with that too. My LBS shop sells them and they always look very nice in the window as do the Ghost brand of bikes that they also sell.

OP
OP
WobblyBob

WobblyBob

2013 Defy 1 is out at the end of the month, I been told.

Interesting....Thanks very much.

One of my work mates has had an entry level carbon Orbea for a couple of years, I cannot remember the model. He has had bikes for years usually the big names but he really rates this one. He also likes that there are few of them around compared to the mainstream brands. I have to agree with that too. My LBS shop sells them and they always look very nice in the window as do the Ghost brand of bikes that they also sell.

Thanks for that, yeah they also had an entry level (i presume) carbon bike from their 'Onyx' range i think for £1250 which looked great & had some decent spec on it, would be nice to have something a little different i suppose.

Top Bottom