£1000 to spend on C2W scheme... Bike advice please..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
I went to halfords today, looking at the team carbon for £999, not one salesperson came near, so I just walked out. But have noticed , carbon frame = lower spec components, so I think I will have alloy = good components.

They aren't salespersons. They are members of staff.

OP
OP
toeknee

toeknee

Über Member
Sorry...:blush:

vickster

Legendary Member
81% I think, the latest team carbon. No access to the magazine though. Probably still in the shops, blue cover I think

vickster

Legendary Member
No idea, but that's not the one reviewed

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Hello everyone,

As per title, I have £1000 to spend on a road bike, now in other posts I have been putting the cube peloton sl 2015 at the top of my list, but on visiting a few bike shops today, they all said that the components are amazing, but the,frames are not that good ( please correct me if they ar wrong. ) , so I seem to be back to square one with my selection. I have been looking at the Dale synapse, but a bit unsure about the disc brakes, also been looking at the cadd8. Two of the bike shops pointed me towards the Scott speedster 10 2015, which looks nice. But at the end of the day I'm totally confused again now, so call on the experience of fellow cc'ers to give me some options / opinions
Either alloy or carbon.
On suitable steeds for me. This is an early 50th present off my wife.....^_^ :bicycle:
If I knew how to post links to bikes I would , but sorry I dont.

Regards

Tony

I presume none of these shops stock Cube?

They are talking utter nonsense. Cube are a decent outfit and make nice well specified bikes at pretty decent price points.

Amongst people I know who ride cubes 1 owns a Peloton and loves it. Two have MTB's and one of those has the living daylights hammered out of it.

No problems reported from anyone.

OP
OP
toeknee

toeknee

Über Member
  • The Cube Peloton Pro is great for fitness and leisure use. The SL offers an abundance of highlights, such as the new 11-speed Shimano 105 Compact drive train (with an Ultegra front and rear derailleur), a double crank (50/34) and a wide ratio 11-32 cassette - for a super wide range of riding styles. The stiff and comfortable Mavic Aksium S wheels are great!
    image.jpg
  • I think I've got to go with this beauty...... And a bike fit from the shop aswell. ^_^

Boon 51

Veteran
  • The Cube Peloton Pro is great for fitness and leisure use. The SL offers an abundance of highlights, such as the new 11-speed Shimano 105 Compact drive train (with an Ultegra front and rear derailleur), a double crank (50/34) and a wide ratio 11-32 cassette - for a super wide range of riding styles. The stiff and comfortable Mavic Aksium S wheels are great! View attachment 60785
  • I think I've got to go with this beauty...... And a bike fit from the shop aswell. ^_^

Good choice of bike, the 11-speeds are brill, 105's are bullit proof and a 32 cassette is always worth having. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom