£300 - £500 race bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can you stretch your budget, and how tall are you?

bb

A bike for racing is going to feel veeery different to a hybrid, so I can't see it being particularly 'easy' to adjust from one to the other. Best bet would be to look for a secondhand Allez, TCR or Caad - there's usually plenty around.

Not particularly "difficult" either, to be fair. It doesn't take too long to get used to a road bike. Or multiple bike types.

bb

vickster

Legendary Member
I meant my local bike shop, not the blinking builder's merchants!
Yes, that was my point?! Why don't you buy a bike there or at least get ideas, which is what you asked in your first post :smile: A good LBS is the perfect place to get ideas when buying a bike :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cyberdude

which local bike shop is that? Not aware of any bike shop in that area which organises races.
County Cycles, in Cross Hands.
county-cycles.com/events

P.S: I'm sorry for my earlier post, I have a tendency to take things literally.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
IMG_0988.JPG
Always best to try before you buy but there are some great bargains available online if you are willing to take the risk. If you can stretch your budget to £599 then this full carbon campagnolo equipped bike is a great buy. Only 53cm frame left but at 5ft 7" it would be the size I'd choose.
http://www.startfitness.co.uk/sale/...ompe-veloce-carbon-road-bike-black-for44.html

Top Bottom