£5,000 worth of bikes up for grabs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, I had to buy something ... It's only a single MTB tube, but every little counts! :whistle:

Hip Priest

Veteran
Bit skint at present, but bought myself a Conti cap.

Now I know about the special link, I'll use it in future.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

fortuitously i needed new cleats today and spotted this link.
why not eh?
i never win but it's always worth a shot :biggrin:
I spotted a magazine article reporting on a competition which had been cocked up by the organisers. They had 5 cars to give away but forgot to give the competition enough publicity so only 3 people entered. They each won a car, and there were 2 cars left over! After reading that, I thought I would have a go at some competitions myself ...

Some time later, I was walking to the nearest post box with 10 competition entries in my hand. I bumped into a colleague who asked me why I was posting so many letters ...

ColinJ: "I decided to try and win myself some prizes. These are all competition entries."

Cynical colleague: "You don't believe that people actually win that stuff do you! It's all a fiddle. Either the prizes don't exist, or if they do, they end going to the organiser's cousin, or brother-in-law!"

ColinJ: "Well, let's wait and see, eh?"

Over the next couple of months ... A parcel turned up unexpectedly. It contained a pair of cycling sunglasses worth £50. That was from a competition in Cycling Weekly. Next, I received some software worth £35, courtesy of Computer Shopper. Then there was a lean spell until the phone rang one morning:

Mystery woman: "Hi, is that ColinJ?"

ColinJ: "Yes, who are you?"

Woman: "Yeah, I'm Debbie from Sound on Sound magazine."

ColinJ: "I renewed my subscription a few weeks ago."

Woman: "No, it's not about your sub - you won our competition!"

ColinJ (heart racing): "Er, which one - I enter all your competitions?"

Woman: "It was for a synthesiser workstation! Do you want to drive down to our office in Cambridge to pick it up, or shall we send it to you by courier?"

ColinJ: "Flippin' heck - that is worth £1,800. I don't drive, so please send it up here!"

Woman: "Okay, Col, you should get it tomorrow."

I did! :thumbsup:

I was speaking to DCLane on one of my forum rides and he told me that he won thousands of squid on one of ITV's daytime TV competitions.

Get those CRC competition entries in quick, before the deadline! :smile:

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
I'll be honest, the only thing i ever won was a pair of socks and that was a runner up prize, they're those epic cycling socks with silver thread in, comfiest pair i own.
from greatcompetitions.co.uk which i'm off to have a browse and enter again :biggrin:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'll be honest, the only thing i ever won was a pair of socks and that was a runner up prize, they're those epic cycling socks with silver thread in, comfiest pair i own.
from greatcompetitions.co.uk which i'm off to have a browse and enter again :biggrin:
Also take a look at Loquax - members find large numbers of competitions and post about them in the forums there.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
FYI i ordered cleats at 11:30 yesterday morning via their free 1-3 working day post.
they dispatched same day and it arrived this morning.
my head is still spinning how fast that was...

Gary E

Veteran
I wish I'd known about this sooner, I've spent quite a lot of money at Chain Reaction in the last few months alone :angry:

Just to make it worse, the links ianrauk linked to earlier in this thread include Amazon. The Garmin Edge Computers I've bought in the last 12 months come to over £800 :cursing:

Top Bottom