£500 budget on C2W scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

How about a CX bike? Kind of a rugged beast with drops? Unfortunately the only one Hellfrauds do is £900

This seems a bargain if you ditch C2W and go cash?

http://www.cyclechat...-tiagra-triple/

Darned right that is a bargain. That has cost well over a grand to put together (£850 bike, £125 wheels, £40 guards plus the BB, crank, pads etc). Fast, comfortable, it's the touring bike from Spesh's range... I have the exact same bike (without the upgrades) and I'm contemplating that one too.

Sod the C2W restrictions, rules and regulations, that is a +55% and the bike is yours from day 1. Buy it, someone, to stop me from doing so! :biggrin:

vickster

Legendary Member
Doesn't look like it'll hang around too long ;)

vickster

Legendary Member
Looks like it's sold - open from my original post, not Norm's quote

Have you been to look at the Vanquish, sit on it (unfortunately Halfords don't allow test rides which is c*** :angry: )?

Given you are restricted to Halfords and £500 and want a stocked bike, not a special order, it is the best specced bike you could get...with drop bars...the boardman the best flat bar...why do you want a new bike...that may help you decide

Alexvs

If you've not received your LoC (Letter of Collection) yet maybe you could speak to your HR and see if you could change it for the cycleplus scheme instead? It's the same thing but you get to use a selection of independents near you that are part of it e.g. Evans. I got my bike from a LBS at the end of July on this scheme but went for £600 to allow money for accessories. Plus they were more than happy for me to pay money towards it on top so I got a few more bits at the same time. Definitely worth asking.

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
they wont allow more than 500

been halfords and sat on the vanquish which is lime green now? i said the one on the website is red and black and they said that was last years. this years is priced at 550 but this weekend its 20 off. i can get that bike, seat bag and lots of bits and bobs for 500, ill repay about 350

any ideas if the gren version is better? its got an ali fork not a carbon on like the black and red

im struggling to find info on these

Tyke

The Vanquish is a great bike for the price but if you go for last years (The red one) it's better speck and on sale now for about £70 less than this years Green one. You can get another 10% off if you sign up to the mailing list then do the short question form they will give you a discount code for online orders, order online then give them the code in the shop when you go to collect it. If you have the c2w voucher you need to spend all of it so use the discount for extras.

I got last years and have just done the first 1000 miles on it and am very happy with it.

Top Bottom