£5000,00 Which bike would it be???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyhunter

TijnUK said:
What should I buy?
i would recommend building your own bike around your needs, likes, specification etc or else getting all the parts separate and letting a bike mechanic put it together for you if your not confident.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Viner Maxima? £3200 rrp for the frameset (custom sizing and carbon layup to suit your requirements, custom paint if you want as well, looks gorgeous & runs beautifully), decent bit left over for spec.

dodgy

For £5000, I wouldn't bother with self/or bespoke build. Off the shelf is hard to beat at almost any price. Top of my list would be one of those Di2 equipped bikes on Wiggle :evil:

battered

Guru
If I had £5k swilling around spare and fancied a bike I'd spend about £4500 on wine, women and partying. The rest I'd waste.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I suppose if you're spending that sort of wedge then it's because you can. That's a fair enough position but unless you're a top rider I suspect the marginal performance gains will be negligible and you're also unlikely to notice the difference between £2550 and £5000.
If it were me I'd buy a £2.5k tourer and a £2.5k road bike.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
rich p said:
I suppose if you're spending that sort of wedge then it's because you can. That's a fair enough position but unless you're a top rider I suspect the marginal performance gains will be negligible and you're also unlikely to notice the difference between £2550 and £5000.
If it were me I'd buy a £2.5k tourer and a £2.5k road bike.

+1. Or a £2.5k roadie/tourer and a £2.5k mtb.

Top Bottom