£700 budget what to get

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
At 6'2" you could ride a large. Halfords and others seem to insist on sizing MTBs like Roadbikes. I am 5'11" with a 34 inside leg and ride a 17.5 inch hardtail, and a 19 inch full suss. As long as you aren't cramped, you can run a hardtail with loads of seatpost showing.

OP
OP
G

Gazza1591

I have tried the boardman in the 19'' frame and was to small, it just felt all wrong being on it. Or I would of had it for sure, and as for the canyon I'm not a fan of the looks of it. I like the look of the giant, and as you say it's now under budget, but if I can find better that will come in an xl frame and I like to look of it. I have no worries about going up to my original budget

OP
OP
G

Gazza1591

it may do but hard to find one i like in my budget that is not to bad spec wise aswell ?

im torn so far between the GT and the Giant

Hudsy86astley

Regular
image.jpg
I bought this specialized 6 months ago 29er don't think the spec is amazing but I think it's a great all rounder n worth the money

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
If you like the GT you already have why not do something like THIS? For less than you are going to spend on a mid-range specced bike you could transform your current steed into an XT* equipped range-topper.

* Other groupset providers exist. Past performance is no indication of future potential... Blah, Blah, Blah!

Psyclist

Über Member
If you like the GT you already have why not do something like THIS? For less than you are going to spend on a mid-range specced bike you could transform your current steed into an XT* equipped range-topper.

* Other groupset providers exist. Past performance is no indication of future potential... Blah, Blah, Blah!

I was reading through not expecting anyone to have the same idea as me, until then.

I have an Aggressor frame which I'm going to build to a decent spec. You'd be able to upgrade the Aggressor to a nice sepc with £700. I'm getting a used Reba fork in vgc and drivetrain, hydraulic brakes etc. for mine and I have a smaller budget than £700.

So, +1 to Skol. Just upgrade the GT you have.

Top Bottom