£800 to spend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been riding a carrera tdf for a few months and wanting to upgrade. A little bit of luck and a lot of hard work means I've got £800max to spend.

I really like the look of the Trek 1.5. The dealer will give me a free bike fit and set the bike up, should be great.

However when I went in to look I really liked the domane 4.0 carbon frame bike, but I can't afford that and won't be able to any time soon.

I think I like the trek 1.5 better than others in that price range, defy, Allen, sportster etc. and the trek dealer is first rate.

So I've got a choice! Trek 1,5 brand new good bike fit and a great dealer or a search around and take chances on eBay where similar money gets something really good. However I'm not sure I'd trust a carbon frame off eBay.

Onyer

Have a look at the London Cycle Exchange.. They have a Cannondale SuperSix Hi-Mod for sale at £995. A bit more that what you wanted to pay, but still a good price. They may have some others in your price range and they turn over their stock quite fast. So you could let them know what you want and then they will let you know.
http://roadcycleexchange.com/collections/allbikes/products/dummy

vickster

Legendary Member
@Dangermouse is selling his upgraded Trek for that - look in the Classifieds :smile:

As @smokeysmoo says, carbon is just another frame material, not necessarily better or lighter than a high quality alu or steel one

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
You could look at the Domane 2 with ally frame and carbon fork 750 at Evans. It has the decoupler system same as the carbon models.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Felt Z85 is what I went for recently. Amazing bike for the money £665 I think. 105 group set and extremely comfortable. It has carbon forks and seat post. Up there with the £1000 carbon models if you ask me :thumbsup:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Have a look at the London Cycle Exchange.. They have a Cannondale SuperSix Hi-Mod for sale at £995. A bit more that what you wanted to pay, but still a good price. They may have some others in your price range and they turn over their stock quite fast. So you could let them know what you want and then they will let you know.
http://roadcycleexchange.com/collections/allbikes/products/dummy
OOOh !, i could fit on that with a shorter stem ... dont show SWMBO !!! :smile:

Mrs M

Guru
Felt or Cannondale, but preferably Felt!

Peteaud

Veteran
Would I notice much difference between the trek & carrera?

IMHO, yes.

Bloke i work with had a carrera, now got a Synapse 105.

As he put it, completely different bikes.

The Carrera isnt bad, but going to £800 puts you in another group of higher bikes.

There are also alot of 2014 models going cheap this time of year.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Felt or Cannondale, but preferably Felt!

Cannondale or Felt, but preferably Cannondale! Each to his own! :rolleyes:

Personally, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a 1.5 Trek because the difference between the Trek and your Carrera isn't huge.

That Felt 85 looks good value or something like a Cannondale Caad8 105 from Paul's cycles.

Peteaud

Veteran
Cannondale or Felt, but preferably Cannondale! Each to his own! :rolleyes:

Personally, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a 1.5 Trek because the difference between the Trek and your Carrera isn't huge.

That Felt 85 looks good value or something like a Cannondale Caad8 105 from Paul's cycles.

The CAAD8 on the above link, very very good value and a stunning bike.

Top Bottom