‘poop shoot’ and other expletive outbursts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stef 1

I’ve been cycling solo, on and off for years. This ‘condition’ has been with me for most of that time. Sometimes it makes me smile, sometimes it leaves me slightly worried...

I was trying to think of a good way to describe it. The closest I could come up with would be ‘mild cycling tourettes’, but I realise that’s very unfair, incredibly un-‘pc’ and possibly offensive.... sorry!

Anyway, it’s usually when I’m out peddling, pushing a bit harder than usual, tired, or going up hill and nearly always out of breath. Suddenly out of nowhere i’ll swear... maybe at the hill, possibly at my legs, at myself in general, or perhaps an outburst aimed at nothing at all.... ‘f’ing b!tch’, ‘@*&&!ng legs / hill’, ‘@**&%@@& @%&*’ or far worse.

I’m not at all usually a potty mouth so it’s very out of character.

It goes a little further too sometimes. For example, on a route I don’t often cycle any more, there’s a house with a letter box on the roadside at the end of it’s driveway. Said letterbox is made out of a bit of drainage pipe... the sort that might take away your sewerage. I don’t know why, but I’d noticed this pipe / letter box tube a couple of times. One day the words ‘poop shoot’ popped into my head as I peddled, panted and heaved my way past. Thing is, well, I know it wasn’t just internal monologue... it came out audibly. Not shouted or anything, but loud enough. Kind of amused me at first, but it happened at least a couple times more... even when house owner was out chatting to neighbour at end of his drive just a few feet away. Honestly, I’ve never done it consciously on purpose. It just pops out. Did I say I don’t cycle that route very often any more?

So, kind of a confession but also suspect I’m not alone with this infliction...? Do I need help? Does pushing towards your limits when cycling ever make you do weird things?

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I've been known to huff and puff a few rude words when nearing the top of tough hills. Or when idiots try and run me over.

10898097_10153056619179198_6805000878028793426_n.jpg

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I’ll swear occasionally just to clarify I’m no saint. Did you know shouting is really good for you? Does it matter if you are swearing? Society teaches us to be too polite and quiet. Every now and then, just let it out. Scream and shout until you are exhausted. Tarzan or Jane yelling. Animalistic bellows. Anything. You’ll feel great afterwards.

I encourage my children to do it and they often end up on the floor in a heap laughing. But they feel good. And they feel ‘bad’ for doing something they aren’t allowed to do anywhere else. It’s a taboo to be encouraged.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Quite alot of things cause me outbursts of profanity.
Reaching the top of a climb absolutely knackered then being hit by a head wind results in a "fu*k off!"
Slipping gears causes a "give it a rest ya bas*erd!"
Momentarily losing grip on a corner releases a "sh*t!" or in extra scary slippiness a "fu*k me!"
Hitting the deck is one that brings out all manner of swearing at the bike, myself and/or whatever caused the off as I rarely see the funny side of it.
The language I can throw at a driver who I've caught after putting my life in danger results in a torrent of rage fueled vulgarity that isn't even printable.
Otherwise I'm fairly quiet :smile:

Last edited:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
There are some mightily expressive alternatives, such as "mungecrundling great gruntfuttock" and shouting "oh TITS" has caused great merriment amongst my children ("Mummy Mummy Mummy, Daddy said....") .............

Yes, it's not unusual, in the words of the Bard, for one to utter a few profanities when bashing over the latest pothole, observing a close pass or an inattentive mobile phone addict.

Top Bottom