“ICE Adventure 20” Recumbent Folding Trike. Now Sold.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stearman65

Last edited:
OP
OP
stearman65

stearman65

Took the trike for a test run after the mechanics service. New pictures & video can be seen on this AV show on Vimeo.

View: https://vimeo.com/188322771

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
*heading off trouble at the pass mod hat*

We know how these threads of @stearman65 have a habit of getting grouchy and rather personal so let's all stick to buying enquiries for the trike and responding to them in a courteous and civil manner.

@stearman65, I'm no officionado so just for clarity. is this the trike you've discussed teething issues, possible incorrect set up problems with on here recently?

If so then it may be helpful to detail what your mechanic has done in writing as well as a long video, most of which is stock footage of other machines, interspersed with photos that maybe won't mean a lot to a trike novice, so that people can read what it is they are interested in; in conjunction with the prior commentary; and get a fix on how close it is to 'factory' specification.

I offer this in complete neutrality, simply as a suggestion to help your chance of a sale through here and to assist you pre answer questions someone may have being aware of your previous posting on the trike.

OP
OP
stearman65

stearman65

*heading off trouble at the pass mod hat*

We know how these threads of @stearman65 have a habit of getting grouchy and rather personal so let's all stick to buying enquiries for the trike and responding to them in a courteous and civil manner.

@stearman65, I'm no officionado so just for clarity. is this the trike you've discussed teething issues, possible incorrect set up problems with on here recently?

If so then it may be helpful to detail what your mechanic has done in writing as well as a long video, most of which is stock footage of other machines, interspersed with photos that maybe won't mean a lot to a trike novice, so that people can read what it is they are interested in; in conjunction with the prior commentary; and get a fix on how close it is to 'factory' specification.

I offer this in complete neutrality, simply as a suggestion to help your chance of a sale through here and to assist you pre answer questions someone may have being aware of your previous posting on the trike.

This is the self same trike with all the mechanical imperfections corrected. Why I need to go any further is beyond me, however, for those who doubt my authenticity, the reason I have now decided to sell on the trike & maybe settle for a conventional sit up & beg bike has come about following an ECG earlier this week, where the consultant advised I should take things easy. During the trikes test run my wife was on her Dahon Ciao folding bike & unfortunately came a cropper. Consequently, our cycling hopes are somewhat diminished. I did not want to sell the trike with mechanical faults, these have now been corrected & all that distinguishes it from a new machine is the normal wear & tear sustained in its previous ownership.
The bill for the repairs is attached below. Further AV of my wife's demise to follow.
upload_2016-10-22_10-50-22.png

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
a conventional sit up & beg bike has come about following an ECG earlier this week, where the consultant advised I should take things easy
Sorry to hear about that stearman65, what did the ECG reveal? The reaon I ask is because I had some scary ECG results a couple of years ago when I got rushed into A&E. I was immediately given a pacemaker and I don't now have any restrictions on exercise. In fact the last time I saw the cardiologist his parting message to me on the subject of cycling was "no pain, no gain" (turns out he is a keen cyclist too).

OP
OP
stearman65

stearman65

Sorry to hear about that stearman65, what did the ECG reveal? The reaon I ask is because I had some scary ECG results a couple of years ago when I got rushed into A&E. I was immediately given a pacemaker and I don't now have any restrictions on exercise. In fact the last time I saw the cardiologist his parting message to me on the subject of cycling was "no pain, no gain" (turns out he is a keen cyclist too).
I had a new aortic heart valve & single bypass 2 years ago, the ECG may reveal the valve isn't doing its job. More tests later.

OP
OP
stearman65

stearman65

I hope the tests go well, in the meantime have you considered swapping with your wife? She gets your trike and you get her folder?
I had a folder before the trike, It was too twitchy for me. Had a go on the wife's Dahon after trying my trike & nearly fell off, so that's out. She did try my trke but couldn't use the pedals properly as she's 6 inches shorter than me, she wasn't impressed. I've a couple of things on my short list if the trike sells quickly.

I had a folder before the trike, It was too twitchy for me. Had a go on the wife's Dahon after trying my trike & nearly fell off, so that's out. She did try my trke but couldn't use the pedals properly as she's 6 inches shorter than me, she wasn't impressed. I've a couple of things on my short list if the trike sells quickly.

The boom is adjustable for a wide range of riders

Should be a 5 minute job to shorten the boom and refit the chain

Top Bottom