“It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a carbon fibre bicycle an

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Ha! That's a funny piece. Although I don't think the women in my club get too hot-under-the-collar seeing my fat red face as I labour up a minor climb.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Most of the male cyclists that I ride with (carbon bikes though) are somewhat round so not exactly George Cloony in lycra.

Funny article though, particularly liked the whole wrestling the bison to the floor bit :laugh::laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Jenni said:
Wonderful piece of fiction which made me chuckle – but we all know the the sad reality of club rides. Everyone possibly looking their worst on club rides. Tired and bleary eyed on a Sunday morning, paunches poking their way through the lycra jerseys….then the shock of realising that most of the decent looking men are thinning or bald when they remove their helmets at the cafe stop. Clearly I’m cycling with the wrong club!
Bloody typical - for years, I had hair and a paunch. I'm finally losing the paunch, but my damn hair is going with it!

Top Bottom