0% Finance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sheepy1209

Veteran
Another here who bought a bike from allterraincycles on finance - no problems. Mine is with Black Horse who seem pretty decent to deal with. I did ask my local bike shop but they didn't offer anything apart from a 'Christmas Club' - their loss (I do use them for servicing though).

I'd love to have used Cycle2Work, but I work for a massive IT company (initials remind me of a well-known brown sauce) which seems to be anti-bike (both cycling and motorcycling) and they don't offer the scheme.

When I asked about finance (I think it was on here) some of the responses were a bit judgemental but I think it's a perfectly reasonable way of funding a specific purchase if the rates and prices are OK - it's credit cards that are the work of the devil. :angry:

Coco

Sheepy1209 said:
I'd love to have used Cycle2Work, but I work for a massive IT company (initials remind me of a well-known brown sauce) which seems to be anti-bike (both cycling and motorcycling) and they don't offer the scheme.

Me too! And my wife works for a bi-initialed Telecoms company who don't do it either. Seems its too much bother for industry's giants :wacko:

Dave5N

Über Member
Dave5N said:
You missed my point. A beneficial loan confers the same tax advantage with fewer restrictions.

colinr said:
Doesn't that have tax implications - benefits in kind and that? I agree with you though, sorting C2W in a small company with limited cash flow is awkward. It's probably easier in bigger companies that are willing to set it up (like ones with showers and fancy stuff like that).

ahem

thomas

the tank engine
Sam Kennedy said:
What are some good bike shops which offer 0% finance?
What has your experience been like with them?

Cheers,

Sam

I would always be weary of store credit. Certainly, for other products when stores offer 0% finance deals you may have to make payments on specific dates or risk facing fees.

I think it would be much better to save up and then possibly pay on a credit card so that you can defere payment for at least a month. I would only spend within your means!

Also, Colin, have you decided on a geared bike yet?

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
Catalogue from LeisureLakeBikes.com in Decembers issue of Cycling Plus

Offering 0% finance, but with some restrictions

10% Deposit
£200 - £600 = 6 months credit
£700- £1400 = 12 months credit
£1500+ = 18 months credit

Applies to all purchases - Bikes and "Bike Candy" as they call it

Credit subject to status, over 18's only :smile: