1,000 km audax events for 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DooBlood

Hi,

Does anyone know what 1,000k events are available to tackle next year. Any easy ones? Oh, and what do folk know about any 24 hour events?

Cheers, Doo :whistle:

1,000k Any easy ones?

You having a giraffe :wacko:

PpPete

Legendary Member
This is the only 1000k on the AUK calendar so far.
It's "easy" in that riders return to the same YHA each night for a proper kip.

Edit: Cross-posted with Mcshroom

frank9755

Cyclist
There will be a Mille Miglia in Italy (1,000 miles / 1,600km) and there is also a long one in Bavaria (1,400km I think). Also likely to be other smaller ones in Netherlands, Belgium and France.

There will most likely just be one 24 hour TT, run by the Mersey Roads Club. I've not seen the date announced but this year it was at the end of July (same weekend as the Dunwich Dynamo). There will be lots of 12s though!

This is a useful thread (YACF) - PBP participants saying what they are planning next

OP
OP
DooBlood

DooBlood

Lots of events, thanks guys. I really only wanna do a 1,000k event really though. The PBP was tough, let's try something slightly less is my thinking, then maybe LEL the year after?!

How come so few 24 hour events?

frank9755

Cyclist
How come so few 24 hour events?

There were two this year but that is unusual. The trend has been towards people wanting to ride shorter distances, so there are now far more 10 mile TTs than there used to be, and fewer people want to ride for 24 hours. There are still quite a few 12 hour events in the timetable

Top Bottom