1,500 miles since June 23rd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The first ride I did was on the 23rd of June I did 8.53 miles at an avg speed of 9.3 mph, since then I have ridden 1,500 miles longest so far of 52.5 miles at 14.4, the hills around here arn't massive, but there are one or two short sharp climbs. This is my final Km climb home.
last km cobblers.JPG

I did 11 miles today just to complete that distance, and I just had to tell some one, her in doors just isn't interested.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Very well done fella :smile: im the same with the her indoors thing ive done 117 miles in 12 days and i got a mmm thats good can you hang the washing out when its finished ? :headshake:lol

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
Very well done fella :smile: im the same with the her indoors thing ive done 117 miles in 12 days and i got a mmm thats good can you hang the washing out when its finished ? :headshake:lol
Well done you too.
Cheers, yea know that feeling, at least when I get back know I can stand to actually do it, I couldn't 2 months ago.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Thats an impressive ammount of miles!

Can I ask do you feel fitter for doing it, and have you lost weight or has it made a difference to your body shape?

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
Thats an impressive ammount of miles!

Can I ask do you feel fitter for doing it, and have you lost weight or has it made a difference to your body shape?
Thanks. I cant say about weight, I don't weigh myself, though I suppose I have lost some around the waist, I can fit in some shorts that were tight before the summer, so yea its made a difference. I don't eat much differently, maybe a little more, no special diets or drinks, just water and a banana when I do more than about 25 miles, though I don't usually do more than 40 miles, but that is creeping up.

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
Well done :bravo:

I done 878 miles last year (my most ever in one year) this year im over 1,700 so i kinda know how you feel :laugh:
Thanks, and likewise, I am hoping to do 3,000 by the years end, which according to mycyclelog is only 14.79 miles a day, and 1,000Km this month I am over half way for that one.

RWright

Guru
That is great mileage for that period. Well done. I started logging on 8/13 and have about 360 miles :ohmy:. I hope to get to 2000 by the end of this year. I think you will make your mark without much of a problem...me on the other hand need to step it up some.:dry:

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
That is great mileage for that period. Well done. I started logging on 8/13 and have about 360 miles :ohmy:. I hope to get to 2000 by the end of this year. I think you will make your mark without much of a problem...me on the other hand need to step it up some.:dry:
Thanks, its finally getting a little easier, hills are getting better but that blue bit on the gradient above always gets me no matter how far I have been. Its only 15 miles a day you have to do or 110 a wk thats only about 3 miles a day more. I am sure you can do it.

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
Well done an impressive total, puts my 330 since i started in June to shame
Superb! Wish I had that motivation. Well done.

Paul

Thanks
It all depends on time, if you haven't got much its difficult. The first two months I though what the hell am I doing this for, I have just about reached my first aim of being able to cycle at 14-15 mph on avg over distance, my motivation is so I can carry my camera gear, and know how long back home from certain areas, and to get up that hill when I get there.
Not my bike but the style of my work.
20110617-_MG_0893_4_5.jpg
I have spent what to me is a fortune, new chainset two new cassettes that I have made my own ratios from, new front mech bottom bracket, new chain, new saddle though in hindsight its not right so that needs changing again. Some shoes a few bits of clothing.
I want say I say I can race around my local 10m loop, but in June it would have took me at least an 1hr 20 with at least 2 stops for cigs, but I can do it in 40 mins with no stops, and whilst I have always done 20+ miles, ( a few rides have been less) I would usually have had to stop a few times, for example In July/Aug I did 2 37m rides that each took (ride time) 2hr 56 mins or so, probably about 4hrs in total, Sat I did 36m in 2hrs 23 ride time and trip time of 2hr 31 (yea I got a new toy) though that shows I went off a cliff at one point.
2012-09-15.JPG

Not a difficult ride, but still a challenge for me, so as it has been said many times in other threads on here it really is about perseverance. The more you do the easier it becomes (or doesn't you just push yourself more), then you begin to enjoy being out. I love it when I am I just hate setting off, or getting ready to set off.

I hope this will encourage other new cyclists, to enjoy being on a bike.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Well done you.
My hubby comes from around the area that you cycle in. When we visit his Dad we get off the A1 at the Pontefract turning.

Your mileage is to be envied. I wish that I had your motivation. I might do a bit extra tonight now though :smile:

Top Bottom