1 of these: OR 1 of these...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

spec_sad_toupe_130_blk_06_m.jpg

OR

19446_231228.jpg

domtyler

Über Member
I've only tried the Toupe and I can vouch for that, it is very comfortable indeed. I was quite shocked the first time I sat on it at just how comfortable it was.

domtyler

Über Member
The only problem might be as you only have a wee todger it might fall into the cut out and get trapped. :wacko:

yello

Looking at the 2, I guess I would prefer the broader and flatter Spec saddle.

I have a Spec Alias on my audax bike and have no problems with it. It's also the 3rd saddle I have tried, after a San Marco Rolles and a Fizik Pave.

But as you no doubt know, saddles are probably one of the most 'personal preference' items and the recommendations of others are not always anything to go by.

kyuss

Veteran
I'd get the Toupe. Best saddle I've used by a long way. As Yello suggests saddles are a very personal thing but I think some are more suited to a wider range of bums than others, and I've read very few reviews from people who don't get along with the Toupe.

Make sure you get your bum bones measured at a shop first though (you sit on a little gel pad) as they come in 2 different widths and you obviously don't want the wrong one. And don't guess either, my arse is massive but I surprisingly needed the narrowest of the two.

Agree with all of the comments on the Toupe. Its the only non Brooks saddle I own (and I've tried a few!!!) and is up there with my old faithful B17

Toupe. No question.

Top Bottom