1 or 2 wheel trailer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stuee147

stuee147

What this guy did was drilled holes in the flat bed that took the end cap of a tent pole to hold the canvas, with a "pelmet" that reached to the ground ad pegged down.
that sounds a better job than the one iv seen on the net that used staples lol

i do think that its a good idea and saves so much weight compared to a caravan, but its the hassle of putting it up when its late at night tipping down with rain and all you want is a cuppa and dry clothes. then having to pack away while its wet so you have to dry it out before storing it, i suppose its no worse than a tent or maybe even easier as it has its own base ect.

i did see one a while ago it looked like a mini teardrop caravan but it was only about 3ft long 3ft wide and about 4ft high and it was ridged construction. all you did was realise the catches and the back end pulled away from the front, as it did the middle bit unfolded and was a tent type material. it looked quite good it was only designed as a 1 man sleeping area but it was more the way it folded and unfolded in a couple of seconds and it was very manoeuvrable with it being so small when towed . it was a trailer for a motor bike but i think the principles are the same and it wouldn't be to hard to adapt for my trike lol

stuee

Topeak had the Bikamper

This used the front wheel at one end of the tent to provide shape, and the bike iteslf attha other making for a very light package.

However it did preclude using the bike in the evening for a pub run

bikamper-0.jpg

OP
OP
stuee147

stuee147

Topeak had the Bikamper

This used the front wheel at one end of the tent to provide shape, and the bike iteslf attha other making for a very light package.

However it did preclude using the bike in the evening for a pub run

bikamper-0.jpg

thats a good idea. i like to use a tarp and hammock when im camping in the past iv always carried a couple of walking poles if i have no trees for the tarp then i use the poles and the hammock becomes a bivy bag with mozzy net. and iv been thinking if i couple use my trike as a fixing point for the tarp iv been thinking of a couple of fibreglass tent poles that could be stored strapped to the frame of the trike with Velcro or something. then have a couple of little sleeves welded to the frame that the pole can sit in and at the top of the poles maybe a T piece that the tarp can lay across and be secured onto the trike then the tarp can be pulled out to one side to for a lean to type structure. the high end by the trike for any use including if need be fixing the trike under cover and the lower end would lay my hammock set on the floor as a bivy bag.
just another one of the many ideas i have lol

stuee

On the Christiania, there is a clever method where there are sockets mounted at the bottom of the box, and the supports for the cover simply slot in

Top Bottom