10 day tour without padded shorts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP: I use the ladies version of these http://www.evanscycles.com/products/endura/padded-liner-shorts-ec027240 and I think they are great. Padding is fairly thin, they go nicely under other clothing, though you could wear them on their own without stares. And the price is pretty good.

I wear them under office clothes occasionally, and it's not obvious to me (or in the mirror) that they are on. Usually change them at the earliest opportunity if I'm not doing more cycling that day.

D

Deleted member 1258

I think it will depend on how hard your arse is, I have never used padded shorts and I'm comfortable, I did an audax last year and did 119 unpadded miles and was comfortable, it seems some people can't cycle without padding and others can.

OP
OP
J

J-Lo

Thanks to everyone for posting a reply!

I've decided to stick with padding, but instead of my previous 10mm padding, ive bought some coolmax boxers with about 5mm of padding and they seem like a good compromise!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Thanks to everyone for posting a reply!

I've decided to stick with padding, but instead of my previous 10mm padding, ive bought some coolmax boxers with about 5mm of padding and they seem like a good compromise!

Sounds like a good solution.

I guess the answer is that padding is only one factor in the arse - bike interaction equation, if you approximately optimize some of the other variables you'll probably be fine.

lordloveaduck

Never used them. The only change that i made when i turned into a full time cyclist was to wear lycra running bottoms (they make my legs look sexy :shy:)

Top Bottom