10 interesting facts about you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Well if you will insist on using a Wahoo ...
This was in the days before Wahoo 😁 I rode to the Moto Guzzi Factory
What's cycling like in Denmark compared to the UK?
Just to point out. most of my broken bones happened in a motorbike accident in the UK. ^_^
Cycling in Denmark is excallent. Its a cycling nation. I think there is something like 1.4 bikes per person in Denmark. There is an excellent network of cycle paths and most people are very respectful of cyclists.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Hens can be quite vicious barsterds, one of my first memories growing up is being knocked to the ground by the hens in the yard trying to get at the piece of bread I had in my hand. I would have been three at the most, have despised the feckers since.

Yes, and potentially mean to each other as well.

They don't call it a 'pecking order' for nowt..

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
That can't have taken long bearing in mind the previous statement.

Mayhap me n Numnuts were separated at birth.

I'm a naturist as well, and cut my own hair..

Although I might ask a friend to do me a fringe, next week.

I was never strip searched in Morocco, but I did sleep in a police chiefs bed in a mountain village there, for a couple of nights.

Of course, he had rather gallantly vacated his quarters to accommodate me and my gf travelling partner at the time.

Wow that feels like a lifetime ago.. The Gulf War (1st one?) was on at the time. :wacko:

Reactions: C R

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
1. I'm not pretentious enough to consider any facts about myself "interesting"
2. .

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
2. .
:rolleyes:

Everyone has something interesting going on about themselves, or that has happened in their lives.

Even if it's just an underlying fear of coming across as 'pretentious' :smile:

If truly nothing of any remark has ever happened to, or about you.

That's quite remarkable in itself :okay:

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
A meta-fact if ever I saw one ^_^

wafter

:rolleyes:

Everyone has something interesting going on about themselves, or that has happened in their lives.

Even if it's just an underlying fear of coming across as 'pretentious' :smile:

If truly nothing of any remark has ever happened to, or about you.

That's quite remarkable in itself :okay:
Alright then, perhaps more accurately I find myself at the bottom of the deepest, darkest hole I've ever encountered and any positive attributes or experiences I might otherwise have considered contributing seem laughably banal and irrelevant viewed through the context of my current situation.

Probably a good time for me to bow out of this thread; don't want to commendeer it in the name of broadcasting my own self-pity and have my own thread for that purpose; which will be bearing the full brunt of my misery in due course :sad::laugh:

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

Alright then, perhaps more accurately I find myself at the bottom of the deepest, darkest hole I've ever encountered and any positive attributes or experiences I might otherwise have considered contributing seem laughably banal and irrelevant viewed through the context of my current situation.

Probably a good time for me to bow out of this thread; don't want to commendeer it in the name of broadcasting my own self-pity and have my own thread for that purpose; which will be bearing the full brunt of my misery in due course :sad::laugh:
Did you move back to live with your parents yet? How's the job hunt?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

[/QUOTE]

So hardly uninteresting .

But as you say - viewed through a lens of your current despair none of it seems worth mentioning.

And Yup many of us have been to those horribly dark places - very few of us are irretrievable - but at the time it can feel very much that way.

Now, chin up, and go and tell them all about it on your thread >>>>>>>> :okay:

You might not think it does any good - but for some - even hearing that others are going through sh1t not dissimilar to their own is useful.

Better out than in ..

wafter

Did you move back to live with your parents yet? How's the job hunt?
Got back this morning; feels like life has effectively ended tbh. Job hunt is non-existant at the moment as I have plenty of other stuff to be getting on with and currently can't handle the prospect of heaping more misery and expectations upon the steaming pile I currently have to deal with..

So hardly uninteresting .

But as you say - viewed through a lens of your current despair none of it seems worth mentioning.

And Yup many of us have been to those horribly dark places - very few of us are irretrievable - but at the time it can feel very much that way.

Now, chin up, and go and tell them all about it on your thread >>>>>>>> :okay:

You might not think it does any good - but for some - even hearing that others are going through sh1t not dissimilar to their own is useful.

Better out than in ..
lol - I guess you're right from the perspective that my misery is perhaps not uninteresting. Yes, I'll update my thread shortly and although I've said it on there many time already, I feel that the outlet it's provided has been genuinely very helpful and I really appreciate everyone's support. I feel like I've barely scraped by as it is, and tbh without the support of those around me (including the good folk of CC) probably wouldn't have made it this far tbh.

Anyway, seriously last post on this thread as I seem to be increasingly adept at hijacking the threads of others with my self-indulgent misery, which is entirely unfair so I'll stop it now. Sorry @oreo_muncher!

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Got back this morning; feels like life has effectively ended tbh. Job hunt is non-existant at the moment as I have plenty of other stuff to be getting on with and currently can't handle the prospect of heaping more misery and expectations upon the steaming pile I currently have to deal with..

lol - I guess you're right from the perspective that my misery is perhaps not uninteresting. Yes, I'll update my thread shortly and although I've said it on there many time already, I feel that the outlet it's provided has been genuinely very helpful and I really appreciate everyone's support. I feel like I've barely scraped by as it is, and tbh without the support of those around me (including the good folk of CC) probably wouldn't have made it this far tbh.

Anyway, seriously last post on this thread as I seem to be increasingly adept at hijacking the threads of others with my self-indulgent misery, which is entirely unfair so I'll stop it now. Sorry @oreo_muncher!

Your life has not ended - a chapter perhaps has ended - you are grieving the loss of a relationship that had great value to you - that is really really f*kk*n hard - It can be harder in some ways that grieving a death - at least death is final - no going back - and unlikely to be anything that you can blame yourself for .

With the loss of a relationship you can indulge in endless self recrimination, and regrets ' what ifs' and 'if onlys'

Plus torture yourself with the (highly unlikely) prospect maybe - just maybe rekindling the whole thing - the object of your affections is still around.

Not easy to get over especially in today's world of social media.

But you can do it - it will take time though .

Right >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> You go thadda way >>>>>>>>>> They'll be all ears.

I really need to address a steaming pile of hoss sh1t right here - thankfully its the real deal - not inside my head :hello:

Mr Celine

Discordian
Don't tell anyone, but some of the supposed 'vegans' here also eat the eggs.
Cos they see the chooks so happy.

My niece is a vegan. She has a pet hamster.
These are my pets, Rusty and Bold, two rather elderly ladies who celebrated their 10th birthday in July.

Despite their old age, they still lay the occasional egg, albeit not in winter.

My niece says it's immoral to eat their eggs. Should I just bin them?

Enough chooks, back on topic. The OP asked for "10 interesting facts about you"

1) University level maths was almost completely beyond me
10) Apart from counting in binary

Top Bottom