10 Questions on Bike lights and drivers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Done.
However Q8 is fairly meaningless - some bicycle lights are considerably brighter than others, some are adjustable, etc, so someone's opinions on this question will depend on what kind of lights they have. It is too general. In addition, front lights in particular can be divided into 'being seen' lights (i.e. so other road users notice you), and 'see by' lights, so you can see the road ahead when there are no street lights.
And the part about the side - does that mean that lights should shine to the side as well, so the cycle can be seen from the side? It wasn't entirely clear.

Q9 also - I think signalling clearly at night would involve having reflectives on gloves/wrists at least. So signalling is likely to be much clearer in daylight than at night.

Good luck with it - it is a university project?

I agree with Spinney Q.8 its not clear enough.... You can get a light from a pound shop which won't be bright enough or a £200 high power that may (in some circumstances) be too bright so trying to lump all price bracket lights into one question is impossible..... saying that survey done!

U

User33236

Done. Omitted Q8 and placed comments / thoughts at end.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Same points about question 8 though I decided that I felt most comfortable answering tHat they should be adjustable - I'm assuming that it was adjustable levels or was the beam meant to be adjustable.

Top Bottom