National E-bike Survey! 3 minutes Would Help Us (And You!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biker1122

Hello there! Do you want to participate in a national survey about e-bikes? We could use your help!

We are a team of MBA students from UC Davis. We are conducting research on the e-bikes market and are curious to know your thoughts. The survey will take less than 3 minutes and is completely anonymous. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time!

https://bit.ly/e-bikesurvey2023

classic33

Leg End Member

Started OK
abandoned when it wouldn;t continue without me saying what my salary is
and no option to not say

Also - very US orientated and there is a big difference between US Legal ebikes and UK legal ebikes

OP
OP
B

biker1122

Started OK
abandoned when it wouldn;t continue without me saying what my salary is
and no option to not say

Also - very US orientated and there is a big difference between US Legal ebikes and UK legal ebikes

Thanks for letting us know how you feel about it! Can you let us know what you mean by US legal vs UK legal? That I am unsure of.

alicat

Legendary Member
Thanks for letting us know how you feel about it! Can you let us know what you mean by US legal vs UK legal? That I am unsure of.
Do you want to participate in a national survey about e-bikes?

Did you say you are MBA students? Do they teach you to use your brains at any point?

What is the point of us completing your national survey when most of us don't live in your country or even the same continent?

classic33

Leg End Member
The motor output, continuous, is different, the maximum speed at which the power assist has to cut out is different.

US laws only permits three wheeled cycles, see the UPS delivery trikes. We have e-assist quadracycles permitted within the rules. DHL have trialled them over here, but US regulations prohibit their use.

OP
OP
B

biker1122

Did you say you are MBA students? Do they teach you to use your brains at any point?

What is the point of us completing your national survey when most of us don't live in your country or even the same contin
The motor output, continuous, is different, the maximum speed at which the power assist has to cut out is different.

US laws only permits three wheeled cycles, see the UPS delivery trikes. We have e-assist quadracycles permitted within the rules. DHL have trialled them over here, but US regulations prohibit their use.

Thank you classic 33 for the information. This is great to have as we are learning in this market through your comments and responses on the survey. :smile:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Hello there! Do you want to participate in a national survey about e-bikes? We could use your help!

We are a team of MBA students from UC Davis. We are conducting research on the e-bikes market and are curious to know your thoughts. The survey will take less than 3 minutes and is completely anonymous. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time!
https://bit.ly/e-bikesurvey2023

It’s not national if your survey is going out beyond your borders .

UK and EU legal has a max power of 250W and a speed cutoff at 15.5 mph (25 kph)
no throttle allowed (although that can be overridden but it is not easy)
other things as well but that is the main summary

Of course, before someone else says it , there are more powerful 'ebikes' of the road - often used by food delivery people - that go whizzing around with minimal pedalling, Looking at them the rear hub looks like it has about a 1000W motor. But these are illegal and are technically an unlicensed moped.

For a more complete version try here
https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/electric-bike-guides/uk-electric-bike-law/

Top Bottom