10 years !!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Leisurely eh? Reeeeaaaalllyyyyyy???
The last time I heard those words, I was following you and Littgull. My bike nearly broke 13mph on the canal stretch. Paint starts to peel at those speeds you know! I looked back and @Katherine was wearing a gas mask because of the smoke from my tyres burning!
Ha ha!

Sorry if we were going a bit too fast for you - I was watching the time and trying not to be late arriving at Dunham.

The other day I was thinking back to the late 1990s/early 2000s when I used to ride the Manchester 100 in Cheshire every year. I typically averaged 16-17 mph then but still got dropped by the people I was riding with! I probably couldn't get close to that kind of average speed now. More like 12 mph overall on long flattish routes and 8-9 mph on hillier ones these days.

A Cheshire ride would be brilliant before winter sets in, let me check with the gang
Brian got back to me and said that the only Saturday he can do is 31st August.

Alternatively, we can also do pretty much any weekday other than 23rd - 25th September if you could get a day off work? We'd want to miss the commuter rush which would mean starting a bit later and we would probably cut the Cheshire distance down to allow for that. (PS To avoid a lot of riding in the dark!)

Last edited:
OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I used to have a life before I signed up here......
You are another on my bad influence list !

Just received my notification that I’ve been loitering around you lot for ten years !
I must say it has been one of the greatest highlights of my cycling life, I have met and ridden with some amazing people, ridden in areas I would not have thought about going to and exceeded some serious mileage goals with the help of you lot.
Thankyou all, long may it last

I totally agree, CycleChat is a fantastic forum and I too have made many friends through it - yourself included, of course. Yes I got my 10 years as a CC member notification a few months ago. How time flies!

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I totally agree, CycleChat is a fantastic forum and I too have made many friends through it - yourself included, of course. Yes I got my 10 years as a CC member notification a few months ago. How time flies!
I think the fact it has been around so long just shows how good it is and the vast range of people you meet on rides is amazing. I always look forward to a forum ride,they are nice and relaxed and no one is left behind which is how it should be.

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Ha ha!

Sorry if we were going a bit too fast for you - I was watching the time and trying not to be late arriving at Dunham.

The other day I was thinking back to the late 1990s/early 2000s when I used to ride the Manchester 100 in Cheshire every year. I typically averaged 16-17 mph then but still got dropped by the people I was riding with! I probably couldn't get close to that kind of average speed now. More like 12 mph overall on long flattish routes and 8-9 mph on hillier ones these days.

Brian got back to me and said that the only Saturday he can do is 31st August.

Alternatively, we can also do pretty much any weekday other than 23rd - 25th September if you could get a day off work? We'd want to miss the commuter rush which would mean starting a bit later and we would probably cut the Cheshire distance down to allow for that. (PS To avoid a lot of riding in the dark!)
Wooo Hooo Pass out acquired for the 31st

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
And if you get it wrong?
Then I'm a safe (17,000km) distance away, in the event that the CCilluminati come after me... :ph34r:

Top Bottom