100 Mile Ride - what food to have?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pangasiu5

Hi there,
I am a member of a very easy going cycle group, who have been increasing the distance cycled over the last couple of months to try and achieve a 100 mile ride next weekend.
I believe I am ready for the distance, but wondered on a couple of ideas for foods to have beforehand and during the ride.
The tricky bit - I have recently become allergic to bananas, honey and nuts (those glorious energy providing foods!), so I will be looking for alternatives.

Any suggestions welcome.
Cheers.

D

Deleted member 1258

Porridge before the ride malt loaf during the ride, and make sure you drink plenty.

Cyclist33

Pasta the night before, oats in the morning and plenty of what you fancy during the ride. Raw jelly cubes are nice. I really like clutches of mixed dried fruit.golden syrup flavour Flapjacks are just fab.

And a stop for lunch?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Surprised you've only got 3 answers. The correct answer is whatever you've found that works for you. I can get 100 miles out of a packet of fig rolls. Other people are different.

I'd take whatever you've been having as you've built up the distance, in my experience it's when you change things that you can start to have issues.

Good luck with the ride.

Top Bottom