100 Miles tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bricksmasher

Well, Im planning to start in about 6 hours actually, for a 7am start, typically having trouble sleeping tonight, of all nights :smile:

100 Mile ride tomorrow, been a little while since I was last on a bike for that long, infact last big ride was May 2011, been training last few weeks, and hoping the gym sessions over the years will help too!

Hopefully will post tomorrow

Jason.T

Wish you all the luck mate, I done my first 100 miler sportive today 110.5 miles with 10,000ft of climbing, I hurt so much all over right now

@Jason.T well done, @bricksmasher good luck, and enjoy it, don't go out to hard, steady pace, you will be fine, so long as you've kept ridding over the last few months and putting in some sort of decent rides, I did 100miles in july 6:30 in total, two 50mile rides a couple of hours apart, but started both from home, so not sure if it really counts, the morning was a little hilly, the afternoon pretty flat.

My fears for a potential 35 mile round trip next week look pretty feeble now!
I'm still nervous though.

Good luck with your ride.
Any new distance you haven't achieved yet is always daunting, I think the same everytime I do 50Km when I set off, but thats my average daily distance, as a rule, but it could be made up of a couple of rides or just one. The thing is when you have done it you know its your achievement.

OP
OP
bricksmasher

bricksmasher

What a great day weather wise it was for it too :smile: couldn't have asked for better

Nice ride, no punctures, no falls, took about 40 mins break at 50mile point to grab a lot of food and drink, stretch etc , then another break 45 miles after that for 10 mins.

Total ride time was 8hrs 3 mins minus the breaks, I'm pretty happy with that, though it won't break records ;)

Not sure what happened, there seemed to be a accident involving a car and couple of bikes, 4 bikes near grass, 1 cyclist standing talking on the phone, 2 ambulances and other cyclists nowhere to be seen, hopefully nothing major!!

Here I am afterwards looking pretty tired lol

Cheers all

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 70

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Many congratulations. Well done

Cheers guys, as expected the last 10 miles were the hardest lol knowing your close but still so far :biggrin:

Oh and the pain you get after a taking a break for abit, but that soon goes luckily, all for a good cause though, makes it worthwhile
I think that after 20 miles when I do my 31miles (50Km) everytime, but it goes quick enough, it was the same both 100km and the two 50miles I did, the last 10 miles yes I know what you mean

OP
OP
bricksmasher

bricksmasher

Cheers mate, when's your ride comin up, few weeks ago when I got back on my bike I struggle with what should have been an easy 25 miler :ohmy:

You'll be fine, soon builds endurance mate

Top Bottom