100 Year old chap sets new record for age group

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Still quicker than me :cursing:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'd settle for that!

On the subject of old cyclists ... I did an audax ride to the Cotswolds in 2009 and hooked up with a rider who turned out to be fitter than me, and 70 years old. He told me that he rode several times a week with a group of other retired 70 year olds, and once a week, an 85 year old club mate joined them for a 25 mile ride out to a cafe. They'd spend an hour or so there chatting, and then ride 25 miles back. I'd settle for that too! :thumbsup:

Redvers

I love this story.

There’s still a few old French boys, well into their late eighties, around here who cycle regularly, usually on rather old solid bikes.

Hope for us all or are they the last really tough generation?

colly

Re member eR
Damn that means I have to wait 40 years before I can have a go at getting the record.

Plenty of time to train then.:thumbsup:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just read the article properly - he limits his heart rate to 110 bpm on doctor's orders! I think he is doing pretty well to manage 24 kph at that heart rate. Who knows what he could do if he really went for it!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have a client who was tt'ing in his mid 60's at 21.30 on a 10 mile course. I couldn't do that despite being more than 20 years younger than him.

Top Bottom