1000 miles done!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Am I a walker who cyles or a cyclist that walks?. The bike has been almost forgotten for two years, while I was walking (1,379 recorded miles last year 868 todate this year) Started recording riding mileage again at the start of July 227 todate. No doubt after I finish riding to the four corners of main land Britain in early 2012 I will be back walking again but for now I still have five challenge walks to complete this year and I hope to push the cyling upto 400 a month before December. Yes the old Khara Kum will get a thrashing.

OP
OP
TrevorM

TrevorM

How have you found your fitness/health change since starting in April to the 1000th mile? I'm not saying you were overweight or unfit before of course, but You must feel great!

Unfit and overweight! I do feel a lot fitter as you would expect. The first ride in April was 5 miles and tough. Now it takes me 5 miles just to feel properly warmed up. I also think a lot is to do with technique. Back in the 80s I did a lot of long distance touring. After a few weeks back in the saddle the different pedalling techniques started coming back to me and made the longer rides easier.

Chamfus Flange

Well done. My first 1000 was back in 2003 after a sixteen year break. Keep going and before long you'll be at the 2000 mark. On the way you might concider a cirum-navigation of Strangford.

OP
OP
TrevorM

TrevorM

Well done. My first 1000 was back in 2003 after a sixteen year break. Keep going and before long you'll be at the 2000 mark. On the way you might concider a cirum-navigation of Strangford.

Two of my 50+ mile trips were around Strangford - it's 55 miles starting from my house. It's a lovely ride.

Stephenite

Membå
Well done, Trev.

Top Bottom