1000 Miles!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davehateshills

So, that was easy, wasn't it? I am referring to my first 1000 miles on a bicycle since first jumping back on the bike back at the end of July. Well the answer is: No it fecking wasn't easy! OK, the downhill bits are fun and the bits on the flat are not bad (except when there's a headwind, which is nearly always) but them there hills are tough.

Now for the good bit, I LOVE IT!! All of it, yes even trying to pedal up the Pennines last week in to a 30mph headwind (I thought I would never get home) but I took my time and got there. Even getting soaked through for five hours the other week on a club ride. Even being last up the hills on that club ride. Even putting up with a sore backside for weeks and weeks. It's all been worth it because I feel fitter, I have met loads of great people (even a few on here) and I am brighter as a person ^_^

Here is the proof:

1000%2520miles.jpg

So here's to many thousand more! :bicycle:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Well done :thumbsup: I'll be lucky to do a 1000 miles this year the way I'm going

D

Deleted member 26715

the bits on the flat are not bad (except when there's a headwind, which is nearly always)
Is that a rule? as it always seems to be the case every time I go out

But very well done 1K in 4 months, I'll be lucky to do a 1/4 of that in the same period

Alan..

DaveyM

Über Member
well done mate
Keep it up :thumbsup:

Top Bottom