100km

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

koro

Hi,

Sorry, but as everyone else I know just looks at me as if to say `why`...

Well I was chuffed today, did my longest ride to date, 101km`s...it was out in a trianglular route, I loved the wind on my back untill the last leg. Bloody hard work, felt for sure the brake pads were rubbing. Numbnuts came at about 25miles, but didn`t get anymore painfull, not like before. Will give the saddle a little more of a go.

I dont get out very often, got on the bike this morning and thought, just go for it. Next time I will plan it a bit more carefull, I only had cereal and a sandwhich yesterday, and cereal this morning. Just filled the water bottle up and went for it. Not a good idea, feel stupid as I had read enough about body refuelling in these forums. Still I got round, a bit of a headache but a feeling of accomplishment.....

Thanks for reading

Steve H

Large Member
Nice one koro! Well done. Pretty amazing achievement with just a bottle of water to go on.

I dont get out very often, got on the bike this morning and thought, just go for it. Next time I will plan it a bit more carefull, I only had cereal and a sandwhich yesterday, and cereal this morning. Just filled the water bottle up and went for it. Not a good idea, feel stupid as I had read enough about body refuelling in these forums. Still I got round, a bit of a headache but a feeling of accomplishment.....

Wow, where did the fuel come from? Good job indeed, 60+ miles on a sandwich and a bowl of cereal...GM have a lot to learn!
Get rehydrated and fed or you will really crap tomorrow - How do you feel now?

OP
OP
koro

koro

Thanks guys, the water bottle was sucked dry, untill it nearly imploded, lol

Wow, where did the fuel come from? Good job indeed, 60+ miles on a sandwich and a bowl of cereal...GM have a lot to learn!

Other than the dam numbnuts, which were ok after about 15 mins, I feel good, well perhaps tomorrow maybe feeling a little different, lol

Now I know this sounds stupid, I have lost nearly 3 stone since christmas (16 stone now 13), by cycling. Ok, I dont get out very often, but the thought of slugging it up hills, helped with my diet. I read somwhere that a bar of Kit Kat took 6 miles of cycling at 15mph, to negate. That was enough for me to stop eating anything that tasted nice..Please dont tell me what I read was wrong, I love Kit Kats. So I dont like the thought of eating after a long bike ride, putting back in the calories that I had just burned. So I had a baked potatoe and beans tonight.

jimboalee

Thanks guys, the water bottle was sucked dry, untill it nearly imploded, lol

Other than the dam numbnuts, which were ok after about 15 mins, I feel good, well perhaps tomorrow maybe feeling a little different, lol

Now I know this sounds stupid, I have lost nearly 3 stone since christmas (16 stone now 13), by cycling. Ok, I dont get out very often, but the thought of slugging it up hills, helped with my diet. I read somwhere that a bar of Kit Kat took 6 miles of cycling at 15mph, to negate. That was enough for me to stop eating anything that tasted nice..Please dont tell me what I read was wrong, I love Kit Kats. So I dont like the thought of eating after a long bike ride, putting back in the calories that I had just burned. So I had a baked potatoe and beans tonight.

You read right. 4 sticks of KitKat = 6 miles.

You also read wrong. High GI carbs like spud flesh should NOT be eaten AFTER a ride. The CHO goes straight into storage.

Steak and eggs after a hard day's work and Pancakes & syrup before.

Also, the GOLDEN rule of riding an 'out & back', Triangular or generaly circular route is to ride AGAINST the wind OUT.
The first half of a 100km you will be running on immediately available CHO. Riding out with wind assistance temps one to 'overcook it'. Turn against the wind and you'll need to fuel up, thus ruining a perfectly good fat loss scheme.

rh100

Hi,

Sorry, but as everyone else I know just looks at me as if to say `why`...

Well I was chuffed today, did my longest ride to date, 101km`s...it was out in a trianglular route, I loved the wind on my back untill the last leg. Bloody hard work, felt for sure the brake pads were rubbing. Numbnuts came at about 25miles, but didn`t get anymore painfull, not like before. Will give the saddle a little more of a go.

Thanks for reading

Well done, just take cash to buy water if necessary to refill the bottles, expensive I suppose but at least it's cold :smile:

get the nuts problem sorted though - can't be good

Blimey - extra loo roll required? :biggrin:

Well done, just take cash to buy water if necessary to refill the bottles, expensive I suppose but at least it's cold :smile:

get the nuts problem sorted though - can't be good

Blimey - extra loo roll required? :biggrin:

Hehe, mind flying faster than fingers! Nice spot! FEEL really crap I meant, as you well know sir!
tongue.gif

OP
OP
koro

koro

Jimboalee-- doh, there was me thinking that I was being sensible eating a jacket potatoe , will definately think about cycling into the wind on the ourward leg next time. Just realised that all my routes that I have done have always been in a clockwise direction....Thanks for your input.

rh100 --- the seat on my Giant Defy 2 is slightly pointed nose down, when you first sit on it feels like your going to slide off, but after a few miles that feeling goes, and it feels level. May tilt it down just a lttle bit more, before looking for another saddle..It was the numbnuts that hurt the most.

rh100

Jimboalee-- doh, there was me thinking that I was being sensible eating a jacket potatoe , will definately think about cycling into the wind on the ourward leg next time. Just realised that all my routes that I have done have always been in a clockwise direction....Thanks for your input.

rh100 --- the seat on my Giant Defy 2 is slightly pointed nose down, when you first sit on it feels like your going to slide off, but after a few miles that feeling goes, and it feels level. May tilt it down just a lttle bit more, before looking for another saddle..It was the numbnuts that hurt the most.

Fortunately I don't get that problem, but I am getting numb fingers, I think from putting to much weight down on my hands. Hope you manage to sort it.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Congratulations.

Like the idea of just going for it, rather than pontificating and over-preparing. OK, you might need to prepare well if you are aiming for a good time, and will need plenty of water if it is got, but otherwise I like the idea of just going out and enjoying it.

Top Bottom