105 Di2 groupset at 50% discount

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Lefty tighty. Get it righty.
Can't say for sure but if you have Di2 then this functionality will come automatically irrespective of the braking system. My drivetrain setup is 105

Surely the brifters are where you do most of the changing, so they'll have the most important shifting buttons, and they are definitely braking system specific.

(Yes I know there are satellite buttons too ...)
 

super_davo

Veteran
In rim brake version too?

There is no 105 Di2 rim brake. You can get Ultegra and Dura Ace of the same gen (12 speed) in Di2 but it's a bit hobbled (no wireless shifting, last gen brakes etc.). They didn't bother when doing 105. I doubt they will bother on the upcoming 13 speed generation either, at any level.
 

Milzy

Legendary Member
There is no 105 Di2 rim brake. You can get Ultegra and Dura Ace of the same gen (12 speed) in Di2 but it's a bit hobbled (no wireless shifting, last gen brakes etc.). They didn't bother when doing 105. I doubt they will bother on the upcoming 13 speed generation either, at any level.

I guess you could buy second hand electric parts and use your own rim brakes.
 
OP
OP
Katana

Katana

Well-Known Member
In terms of price I'd say it's pretty good. Merlin are normally my go-to for a good price on expensive bits. They have R7170 DI2 at £949. Fawkes have it at £840.

Halfords are: £1,037

https://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-105-r7170-di2-disc-groupset-12-speed-271682.html

https://fawkes-cycles.co.uk/shimano-105-di2-12-speed-disc-brake-groupset-p39132

Thanks matey
In rim brake version too?

Bit of an update on the subject as I was hunting for a mechanical 105 12 speed groupset. Merlin have a offer I think valid till tomorrow offering it for £450 which I think is a pretty good deal given that it’s 12 speed keeping future proofing in mind.
 

Elybazza61

Legendary Member
Only issue I've ever had with the battery was not checking before going out once and not realising a shifter had been leaning on a wall :rolleyes:, otherwise no issues and most head units will show you the charge anyway.

Currently the Stayer is on 50 percent and it was last charged in early July and have done quite a bit and think I must be up 1,000kms by now, will charge it before Saturday's Audax though.
 
Top Bottom